NHL'94 Forums

Your Hockey Stick :P

The Russian Rocket

Since this is a Hockey video game forum, i believe there should be a couple of you guys that actually play real hockey, or in the street, or at the pond, etc ...

If Yes, then show the world (well Forum) your stick

Mine:

Warrior Dolomite Spyne 100 Flex with Kovalev Curve

WDSGS.JPG

I'd love to but I just broke two of them in a week and a half. Had an Amonte that I used for a year and a half and it finally broke in a game. Went out and bought a Spezza which was slightly more expensive than the Amonte and it broke after 8 days. Borrowed somebody's Brett Hull plastic stick from 1992 to finish the game...used it for a period, gave it back, and the guy who's it was had broken his stick, he grabbed the Hull for a minute and it snapped.

I LOVED Easton's Synergy SE until it was discontinued, I just broke the last one of my last bundle last week at junior practice and was very sad to see it go. Sakic blade pattern (to put those wrist shots top cheddar!!) with a 100 flex.

SynEliteSE1.jpg

With my junior team i get 3 free shafts and 6 free blades from this newer company called Harrow. When I was back east playing prep school hockey in New Hampshire I noticed this company popping up with all kinds of hockey and lacrosse gear but have never used it before. The company rep came about a month ago and I ordered 100 Flex shafts with the #6 blade pattern (which is the same as a Sakic). Our team is all getting the black and green shafts to match our uniforms and terrible team name.

300SeriesShaftMAIN.jpg

BladeChart.jpg

Nice, it looks like the Easton stick. Btw, i don't think Warrior has been sticking around for too long, only noticed them, 2/3 years ago.

Smoz and Louie doing it Oldstyle, with the wood ancestors.

hehe, it worked for MacInnis! :blink:

I think there are still a couple NHLers using wooden sticks? Can't remember names, though.

Louisville TPS Rubber Shaft. Used it for last 9 years but they don't make them anymore and I'm down to my last one. I've ordered about 16 offline over the years but my suppliers have none left.

Get the 100 Flex, and you should be fine. It's a great stick, with a uber-low KickPoint. It weights 425 gramms so weight shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.warriorhockey.com/gear/sticks/mac-daddy-stick/

If you don't mind paying 150$, this is for you.

Are they good? I need a super stiff shaft [insert your gay comment here]

Most sticks are too whippy

For an ex-pro like yourself who needs something more sturdy should get like a 110-Flex, all the old Fresno Falcons players in their 30's and 40's around here buy them as stiff as they can.

Good deal on a Bauer for under 90

Edited by kupuck19

It got 102 Max, one of my teamates had a 77 flex, it felt like a noodle.

But yeah, if you take huge slappers, and tend to break the blade, the MackDaddy got an High Density Blade with angel hair, so it's more solide than foamed filled blade, and it makes the blade more stiff.

Smoz and Louie doing it Oldstyle, with the wood ancestors.

Guess who's paying for their own sticks? Doesn't matter though - I'd rock the woody anyway.

Here's a challenge, folks...

Show us a pic of your FIRST hockey stick!

My first stick was a really shitty senior stick that they gave away free if you filled up at Canadian Tire. Thanks Dad!

Here it is in Exhibit A:

post-2349-1251777890_thumb.jpg

They don't make twigs like that anymore. Thank God.

Here's a challenge, folks...

Show us a pic of your FIRST hockey stick!

haha my first ever was a blue plastic one that my dad bought for me when i was three

ill take a pic of it later and post it on here... its still in my garage:p

Guess who's paying for their own sticks? Doesn't matter though - I'd rock the woody anyway.

I'm paying my own sticks and still go for Composite. You can get a rebate of like 100$, if you find people that sell without warranty (30 days, it's almost useless)