NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 03 - "B" Playoffs

smozoma

It's time for the "B" League playoffs!

Another DNP upset this season, as due to DNPs, WagsTh didn't make the playoffs (I thought it was Rage93 who was going to get bounced until I did the math)

post-253-1253682479_thumb.png

Making the playoffs is based on (Points minus DNP Points = Playoff Points).

When there is a DNP, the two teams involved split -2 points in the ratio of their total DNPs, so the more DNPs you have, the larger share of the -2 points you are penalized with. (This is a much softer penalty than the -3 each given out in past GDLs)

Playoff Seeding

If you make the playoffs, then seeding is based on Pts%. See the order in the image above.

Home/Away Advantage

On the other hand, home/away advantage is awarded based on Playoff Points.

The team with more Playoff Points gets to choose if they want to start the series at home or on the road (as some teams play much better on the road).

Because of this, Zalex1414 and Houlanov get to choose home/away if they play rynweinmeyer. chris1knights@ chooses over Rage93, as well.

Schedule

I'll add the games to the schedule tomorrow. Until then, the upload page is disabled (even for Farm, sorry Farm guys!)

"B" playoffs are a go!

Download the Playoffs ROM from the site's downloads page. It has 99-minute overtime.

Please upload your games IN THE ORDER PLAYED, so when people check out the boxscores, they can kinda see how the drama unfolded.

smoz,

when I go to the upload page on the blitz site I get :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30455: Argument not specified for parameter 'p_league' of 'Public Function getPlayers(p_season As Object, p_team As Object, p_league As Object) As Object'.

Source Error:

Line 423: numPenalties = get16BitValue(gamefile, PenaltySummaryStart-2)/4 'subtract 2 to get to the count

Line 424:

Line 425: dim rsHomePlayers = getPlayers(g_defaultseason, HomeTeamID)

Line 426: dim rsAwayPlayers = getPlayers(g_defaultseason, AwayTeamID)

Line 427: dim rsPlayers

:haha:

smoz,

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30455: Argument not specified for parameter 'p_league' of 'Public Function getPlayers(p_season As Object, p_team As Object, p_league As Object) As Object'.

Source Error:

Line 423: numPenalties = get16BitValue(gamefile, PenaltySummaryStart-2)/4 'subtract 2 to get to the count

Line 424:

:haha:

uh oh

thanks, i'll have to take a look at this tonight.

You get that error because it even knows how wrong it is to not have me in the B league playoffs with your bullshit DNP rule.... you can't make people play and I am on here a hell of a lot more than most of the dorks who get rewarded for this stupid rule...and I'm better than them too, so enjoy your tainted post season.. there are far better leagues than blitz.

Edited by Wags13

smoz,

Compilation Error

Source Error:

Line 424:

:mellow:

error has been fixed

Who are you? Do you play here? Does anyone know who you are?

I do :mellow: slackers must be punished, stop whining

I do :mellow: slackers must be punished, stop whining

Slacker my ass. I'm on AIM and play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more often than you do... so shoosh and get prepared for another season of Habs disappointment!

Slacker my ass. I'm on AIM and play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more often than you do... so shoosh and get prepared for another season of Habs disappointment!

anyways...u cant be the champ wags...now or in the 1st round....who fn cares...you are eliminated!

good luck for the season 4!

play your games!!!

• 2 weeks later...