NHL'94 Forums

SJ steps down

Carse

Hey, kudos to everyone who inputted, especially AJ with the longest PM I've ever seen (which was freakishly insightful and awesome, btw). Hopefully I can use this to pull off at least double-digit points this season B).

As well, I just love how off topic this thread has gotten.

Hey, kudos to everyone who inputted, especially AJ with the longest PM I've ever seen (which was freakishly insightful and awesome, btw). Hopefully I can use this to pull off at least double-digit points this season :P.

As well, I just love how off topic this thread has gotten.

I wonder what exactly was in that PM myself B):huh:

ahhhh what the heck...

AJ I got the jets

im 4-5 right now so not bad but not that amazing

right now im playing housley and bautin at D

davydov left sellane center and zamnov right

any line suggestions?

I redid my underdogs poll, so you may want to check it out!

Hey, AJ! Shouldn't you do a line suggestions thread on this?

I think I’m posting in the right thread hehe--i used to play lots of nhl94 back in da day, not much online obviously--but i gotta say SJ is MUCH better than ottawa and anaheim. SJ has a great home ice advantage and you can ride that wave when the crowd is rocking. Falloon I think is an allstar--although I would like to wager no one in the history of the world has ever substituted for him on ASW roster! Berezan has some agility that won’t make people jealous, but can get up and down the ice. Wilson I believe has quite a shot on D. How bad is SJ's record, lol?

Has anyone won a playoff series with Ottawa or anaheim in the history of nhl94.com? These teams are automatic losses against Chicago and Detroit, esp against top notch players. I would find it hard to believe these expansion rosters can win 5 games in a 50 game season or whatever it is. These teams should be banned I would think, lol. Poor OP!

I would find it hard to believe these expansion rosters can win 5 games in a 50 game season or whatever it is. These teams should be banned I would think, lol. Poor OP!

The league does limit the number of teams so that coaches are not forced to play with an expansion team. Some players choose to take the expansion teams as was the case here.

guess they want to try and beat Power teams like for example Chicago, Detroit and LA with Ottawa, Anaheim, and SJ

And no I do not beleive anyone has advanced past the first round with one of the 4 terrible teams. I lost with florida 3-0 vs kg a few classics ago, and AJ was bounced in the first rd with sj in his last year.

After playing w sj, I am hands down convinced they are the worst team in the game. The "High" disadvantage on the road is the most brutal thing you will ever experience in playing nhl94. I never realized how important those things are because in most leagues they are leveled out, or most teams, even the bad ones like fla and otw are just "low adv" on both sides. At home, sj is respectable and can even beat chi or mtl if you play very well. On the road, playing those teams with average or high advantage at home literally makes it almost impossible to win against a coach who is good aside from playing the game of your life. In 9 games I have successfully scored 1 one-time goal on the road. The forwards go down the ice in the wrong position almost every time, and the defenders are even worse. In a game Ice and I played, one of the computer controlled defenders sprinted towards the boards off the opening faceoff for no apparent reason. It would be fun to know exactly how those raqtings effect the players, but it is so obvious they make the guys act retarded/ flub passes and stick handling attempts.

The home ice vs road ice thing in nhl94 has always been a great mystery to me. Is it a great advantage to be at home or not? I hopefully will have the time to get into a lg soon. I checked the classic standings and it's fascinating that EVERY A league team has a losing record on the road or worse numbers on the road compared to home. Is it true that road teams are more sluggish than they are at home? Or guys like mogilny are a tad slower on the road or their slap shots are less effective? Do teams check better at home? I've always wondered this--based on what I see from the standings, it's quite evident that home teams are at an advantage.

Edited by marcusmaximus

Maybe. but you also gotta factor in whoever your playing against and that person's style of play with theam whether its home or away.

That's what I think anyway

Edited by mav

Some people play better going up then going down.

This is true in roms where the home/away advantage has been zeroed, but in the classic rom there are built in advantages for each team. Most average/below avg teams are low/low, meaning there is little difference at home vs away. the really good teams have a high advantage at home, and a few teams like sj and nj have a high disadvantage on the road.

This is true in roms where the home/away advantage has been zeroed, but in the classic rom there are built in advantages for each team. Most average/below avg teams are low/low, meaning there is little difference at home vs away. the really good teams have a high advantage at home, and a few teams like sj and nj have a high disadvantage on the road.

maybe you're just disadvantaged.

maybe you're just disadvantaged.

now that's just cold ice :lol: :lol:

Anways, unless Carse actually picked SJ for his team then yeah you're right about him being at a disadvantage. If it was the other way then and was given SJ again he's at a disadvantage but it not his fault

Based on what the roster info for SJ says here

http://nhl94.com/html/teamprofile.php?team=SJ

the Sharks have a high road ice advantage. Their home ice advantage is average. Go figure.

Thats merely a typo, what the site means to say is Road Ice Disadvantage like it did in the original users manual. Thus carse is correct when he says his Road disadvantage is high

now that's just cold ice :lol: :lol:

Anways, unless Carse actually picked SJ for his team then yeah you're right about him being at a disadvantage. If it was the other way then and was given SJ again he's at a disadvantage but it not his fault

Carse knows i'm just bustin on him.