NHL'94 Forums

A somewhat unique idea...

I've been playing nhl95 a lot recently, since it was the first genesis hockey game i ever played, and i like feeling nostalgiac.

since then, i've gotten bored and used NOSE to edit just about everything i could imagine to make it more my style... i dropped down everyone's speed and passing ability, to make it a little more realistic... i editted everyone's uniforms... and i even gave goalies new equipment with more colors than just white...

but the main thing i used to do in nhl95 to kill time was go into practice mode and play as the goalie on a 0-2 situation. and since i play a lot of nhl10 now from the goalie's perspective, i was wondering...

is it at all possible to hack nhl95 into "goalie mode"?

what i mean by this is have position lock on the goalie the entire game. the reason i assume it's possible, is because you can currently have manual goalie on, but as soon as a teammate touches the puck, you control whoever is touching the puck. is it possible to play with manual goalie that just allows the other 5 players on the ice to be 100% computer controlled, as if you're watching the game in demo mode?

this, or any other "position locks" would be a dream come true for me.

Hey Cole,

Could I get a copy of your edited rom? Sounds interesting.

sure. there are a few bugs in it still that i've either been too lazy to fix, or haven't caught yet... but give me your email and i'll hook you up.

but i did make the uniforms a little more realistic in my eyes, and less "templated" to the oilers template... though it's not anything ground breaking. just filling in some shoulders with the same color as the body, and what not...

and some black pads, some red pads, some white pads... some yellow pads... whatever i thought looked best. grey pads for irbe B)

Edited by ColeJ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...