NHL'94 Forums

Messier, Ricther and Devellano get the Lester Patrick award

RedWingDevil

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=499005

It is probably a well deserved award. I had the good luck of seeing Messier during his time with the Rangers and he was every bit as gutsy, tough and above all, a leader among men. I didn't see that much of Ricther, but he was a pretty good goalie; very efficent and won a lot of clutch games for the Rangers. Devellano's one of the big reasons why the Red Wings are as great an organization as can be in today's sports and he gets this great honor too.

Your thoughts?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=499005

It is probably a well deserved award. I had the good luck of seeing Messier during his time with the Rangers and he was every bit as gutsy, tough and above all, a leader among men. I didn't see that much of Ricther, but he was a pretty good goalie; very efficent and won a lot of clutch games for the Rangers. Devellano's one of the big reasons why the Red Wings are as great an organization as can be in today's sports and he gets this great honor too.

Your thoughts?

I can say I watched Messier play for the Oilers and Rangers growing up and he was the modern day Gordie Howe. I'd take him over Gretzky on my team in his prime in a heartbeat. Messier Total package, and thats no dis to number 99 either just Messier was and is the man! Richter was a great american goalie from what I remember.