NHL'94 Forums

Least clutch player?

jrodimus

After playing with Dallas Drake more than half a season in GDL, I have to say he is the least clutch player in the game.

He's missed countless open nets, and his post tally is higher than his number of goals scored. :P

I can't think of a worse player to have the puck with a game on the line.

Any thoughts? :blink:

Honorable mention:

Adam Oates

Theo Fluery(!)

oh....and Peter f**king Bondra

Edited by jrodimus

THIS IS WELL DESERVED FOR PICKING WEIGHT WHORES

THIS IS WELL DESERVED FOR PICKING WEIGHT WHORES

Guess it wasn't thought much that the weight bug would be present in GDL.

Bondra's done well enough with me; he can open things up with his speed and though he can miss at times, I can still put him to good use by either feeding to Roberts or try to beat the other guy into the goal's left corner.

I'd say Mike Modano has missed more wide open net one timers in my playing career far more than anyone else I've played with.

ya modano has awful shot accuracy

Valeri Kamensky and Mike Ricci really just make me want to tear my hair out sometimes. Especially Kamensky, who can make a miracle shot one moment then completely miss an empty net the next.

Honorable mention:

Adam Oates

Theo Fluery(!)

Coincidentally, both of these fellows were starters on my Blitz squad. :)

• 3 weeks later...

LEAST CLUTCH

dale hawerchuck--i don't know if you can call him unclutch, b/c no one expects him to do a darn thing!

curtis joseph--maybe the most overrated goalie in the gm, along with barrasso

brett hull--can't make a move on the ice to get in position for his otherwise lethal shot

jaromir jagr--talk about a guy who got screwed in this video gm!

MOST CLUTCH and underrated players

Klima--the puck is a magnet on his stick

Savard--great deker, gives me fits knocking him down

I'd say Mike Modano has missed more wide open net one timers in my playing career far more than anyone else I've played with.

I see your Modano and I show you Russ Courtnall. It's a 50/50 affair when it comes to him coming down for the deke. He tends to miss the easy shots a lot and it's nuts when he does. At times he can't receive the puck very well, causing loose pucks that either stop an offense cold or expose your zone.

Al MacInnis: Blazing shot, so-so accuracy. At best he's blueline bait when you get into your opponent's zone. It'll either whiz past the post or come flying away from the rink.

Kirk Muller is a bit of a love/hate affair. He hits fairly well, can move and pass but tends to go 50/50 with dekes.

Edited by RedWingDevil

LEAST CLUTCH

dale hawerchuck--i don't know if you can call him unclutch, b/c no one expects him to do a darn thing!

curtis joseph--maybe the most overrated goalie in the gm, along with barrasso

brett hull--can't make a move on the ice to get in position for his otherwise lethal shot

jaromir jagr--talk about a guy who got screwed in this video gm!

MOST CLUTCH and underrated players

Klima--the puck is a magnet on his stick

Savard--great deker, gives me fits knocking him down

best list

klima is a champ

hull's accuracy is stunningly bad from beyond the hash marks, too.

LEAST CLUTCH

I have to disagree with hawerchuk, that man is flat out beast like. Dishing passes and scoring big goals is his M.O.

My pick for least clutch is Mike Gartner, I cant stand that guy one bit.

I have to disagree with hawerchuk, that man is flat out beast like. Dishing passes and scoring big goals is his M.O.

My pick for least clutch is Mike Gartner, I cant stand that guy one bit.

I still remember that GDL game where I was beating you 5-1 before Hawerchuk went on a rampage for you and won it singlehandedly (don't recall the score, though). Foiled! And he wasn't even your top guy that season (sandstrom year?).

I still remember that GDL game where I was beating you 5-1 before Hawerchuk went on a rampage for you and won it singlehandedly (don't recall the score, though). Foiled! And he wasn't even your top guy that season (sandstrom year?).

Yes, it was indeed a Sandstrom year, as well as Robitaille.

That game actually prompted this post by me, you sure do have one hell of a memory.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=24467

• 2 weeks later...
Probably Cam Neely.

If Tikkanen was lights out vs Freydey (50% Lights out 50% penalty box) Cam Neely was nearly invisible and f**king up every one timer the Tiki Warrior set up for him

What did I tell you, you little bastard <_<

this post just reminded me of my most underrated clutch mucker, garbage goal king Dave Gagner. Had him season 3 of GDL and he had a knack for scoring timely goals.

Honorable mention:

Adam Oates

Theo Fluery(!)

oh....and Peter f**king Bondra

Fleury is a tornado of teeth and fingernails. Always comes through for me.

Like every motorcycle needs a sidecar, guys like Oates just aren't built to be the head of a spear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
best list

klima is a champ

hull's accuracy is stunningly bad from beyond the hash marks, too.

Totally agree with smoz about Klima....the guy has been unreal for me in GDL and unstoppable in the clutch. No wonder takeyourpill raves about that guy. He's a 200 goal guy in GDL this yr

Hawerchuck is a beast too...great stick handling, tough in traffic, Makarov-like passing.

I gotta put Ronning up there too for most clutch..all the guy does is win.. amazing player if deking is one of your assets and those long touch goalie passes to a streaking Ronning drive an opponent crazy <_<

My least clutch award would go to...Sakic or Roberts....all the talent in the world, but become very passive in pressure situations