NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 03 "A" Playoff Finals - MTL(2) vs PHI(1)

smozoma

:)

twice in a lifetime? lol

no but seriously freydeys was better

carse tries to shoot then off like the end boards than left side boards and or somthin like that

• 2 weeks later...

thanks ya all, i look foward for next season!

GGS%20Logo%20small.jpg

Congrats Frey a true battle of a quick light skilled team versus a heavier, slower less skilled 'Blitz like' team.

Proves you can win big with a lighter team on the fixed rom.

Next should be someone winning GDL with a heavier team.

Very nice work on the cup win Frey, that was quite the impressive comeback from 2-0.

Furthermore, you looked like a completely different player out there, especially on defense. In our first round series last season i was completely content with letting you do whatever on offense because i felt i could come back down the ice and score as i pleased. Your defense against carse was just impressive, the frustration he went through was evident. The improvement you made has been vast, a well earned cup victory.

Proves you can win big with a lighter team on the fixed rom.

Next should be someone winning GDL with a heavier team.

I don't see this happening (though did AJ do it with Sandstrom and Robitaille?).

In Blitz, there's a tradeoff:: hitting(high weight) for maneouverability(low weight -- lighter guys generally have higher speed/agility attributes, and lower weight also increases acceleration and turning).

There's no such tradeoff in GDL, so it is necessary to pick lighter players. The only advantage heavy players have in GDL is that they *tend* to have a better shot.

I don't see this happening (though did AJ do it with Sandstrom and Robitaille?).

In season 1 i had...

Carson(9)-Turgeon(9)-Recchi(6)

Gusarov(6)-Bourque(10)

Avg. = 8.0

lost in the cup final in 6 games to takeyourpill.

In season 3 i had...

hawerchuk(6)-sandstrom(9)-robitaille(7)

russell(5)/driver(6)-lidstrom(5)

Avg. =6.6

lost the cup final in 7 to kgman.

So, I never pulled it off.

A heavy gdl team to me would be ave team weight of 8 or above. Anything under 8 I don't really consider heavy using the classic rom.

In GDL 6 rom, if Matty or VC were to pull off a title, that'd be some coup.

VC: 8.8

Sanstrom (9)

Ridly(9)

Ysebaert (7)

Olausson (9)

Zalapski (10)

Matty: 8.6

Lemieuz (10)

Tikkanen (9)

Carson (9)

Coffey (9)

Gusarov (6)

I'm using the heaviest team in my 4 years, but I still think they're pretty light overall:

Courtnall (6)

Robitaille (7)

Makarov (6)

Murphy (8)

Sjodin (6)

6.5 average weight.

Fritolayday! THE BAND IS OUT ON THE FIELD

Watched the entire series and didn't fast forward through any of it. Very entertaining showcase showdown. I know Freydey loves him some setups and he didn't disappoint, some great plays in there.

Know the mans game well having played hundreds of 2on2 matches and with only 1 skater to control you really see a players skills on a molecular level. Always felt he was one of the best players around for his passing and positional play, and has a great ability see the play 2-3 moves ahead for setups.

Big marks to Freydey for coming back down 2-0 and congrats.