NHL'94 Forums

Trades?

I was hoping someone, maybe clockwise, or one of the other modders could just make one trade for me in the SNES and GENS roms or NHL'94. And apply the weight bug fix hack? I like both versions of the game.

I have no idea how to go about it, and some of you are very good with these things.

I would like to reverse the trade of Doug Weight and Esa Tikkanen.

Essentially putting Doug Weight back on the Rangers and Esa Tikkanen back on the Oilers.

Weight and Tikkanen would have to have their attributes and numbers follow them to their new (or old) teams.

I'd like this because i always felt, had the Rangers kept their nice group of young players together, and keeping Gartner, that they sent off from 92-95 they would have had a chance to win multiple Cups in the 90's.

That's all theory now. But i felt they had the make up (the 92-93 roster) to be a long term contender, instead of a one hit wonder, had they had more patience.

Oh well...

So is this possible? It's a minor change. But i have no clue how to do it. And some of you guys here are great with this stuff.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! :P

Well, if I tell you directly, that's what the Blitz and GDL roms are for. The guys who make the games and the stats try their best to adjust players' attribuites like the ones you just said with Weight and Tikkannen. The rest I wouldn't know what to say, but I think the guys will be able to answer your question better.

I was hoping someone, maybe clockwise, or one of the other modders could just make one trade for me in the SNES and GENS roms or NHL'94. And apply the weight bug fix hack? I like both versions of the game.

I have no idea how to go about it, and some of you are very good with these things.

I would like to reverse the trade of Doug Weight and Esa Tikkanen.

Essentially putting Doug Weight back on the Rangers and Esa Tikkanen back on the Oilers.

Weight and Tikkanen would have to have their attributes and numbers follow them to their new (or old) teams.

I'd like this because i always felt, had the Rangers kept their nice group of young players together, and keeping Gartner, that they sent off from 92-95 they would have had a chance to win multiple Cups in the 90's.

That's all theory now. But i felt they had the make up (the 92-93 roster) to be a long term contender, instead of a one hit wonder, had they had more patience.

Oh well...

So is this possible? It's a minor change. But i have no clue how to do it. And some of you guys here are great with this stuff.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! :P

This program can edit Sega ROMs: http://www.hexaddicts.com/nose/index.html

Pretty easy to use.

You need to download all 3 of these things from the site:

· NHL Old Skool Editor 1.2beta (NOSE 1.2b.zip) – 525KB

· Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 5 Run-time Redistribution Pack (vbrun6sp50.exe)

· Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control DLL (mscomctl.ocx).

Weight bug fix is also a program:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=8030

Well, if I tell you directly, that's what the Blitz and GDL roms are for. The guys who make the games and the stats try their best to adjust players' attribuites like the ones you just said with Weight and Tikkannen. The rest I wouldn't know what to say, but I think the guys will be able to answer your question better.

you're missing his entire point :)

Edited by smozoma