NHL'94 Forums

NHL'94 2005 Season

I was considering dropping all the other NHL games including NHL'94 from the website, and sticking with just NHL'92, but after further consideration, there will be an NHL'94 season for 2005.

The NHL'94 season will start in roughly 8 weeks or so for any of you guys interested. If anyone wants into the 2005 NHL'92 season, stop by the website and register asap.

Either way, feel free to stop by and post some NHL'94 smack on the message boards.

Jeff

http://nhl92.com

Hey Jeff,

I would be interested in playing in the '94 league. I would also be interested in helping organize and maintain it. What bin file and rules do you usually play with?

-Evan

Thanks Evan,

I could really use some help. It is difficult maintaining my website, leagues, and hacking. The only NHL'94 rom I have used for league play has always been the original Genesis rom. We had one season in 1999 I think it was, where we used the SNES rom with modem play via MSDOS ZSnes.

When I have a chance to update the NHL'94 page, I am going to have links to all the previous years of the league, (most of which fizzled out and died like a dried up mud puddle of tadpoles).

What it comes down to is keeping the league small with just people who make an effort to get their games in. If you are too nice to people, nobody plays their games. Everyone is invited including new and old members, even those with notorious track records ;) I don't hold any grudges, but I am sure if we have more than 4 people, I will be forced to downsize sooner or later without a doubt.

As far as rules, in 2002 we had line changes with no offsides, 10 min periods. In 2004 we had no line changes, no offsides, and 5 min periods. That is what I plan to do for 2005.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I would be interested in playing in the '94 league.  I would also be interested in helping organize and maintain it.  What bin file and rules do you usually play with?

-Evan

• 1 month later...
Thanks Evan,

I could really use some help.  It is difficult maintaining my website, leagues, and hacking.  The only NHL'94 rom I have used for league play has always been the original Genesis rom.  We had one season in 1999 I think it was, where we used the SNES rom with modem play via MSDOS ZSnes.

When I have a chance to update the NHL'94 page, I am going to have links to all the previous years of the league, (most of which fizzled out and died like a dried up mud puddle of tadpoles). 

What it comes down to is keeping the league small with just people who make an effort to get their games in.  If you are too nice to people, nobody plays their games.  Everyone is invited including new and old members, even those with notorious track records :D  I don't hold any grudges, but I am sure if we have more than 4 people, I will be forced to downsize sooner or later without a doubt.

As far as rules, in 2002 we had line changes with no offsides, 10 min periods.  In 2004 we had no line changes, no offsides, and 5 min periods.  That is what I plan to do for 2005.

Jeff

I would love to play in a 94 league online. Bu tmy computer at home is dial... so that sucks, I know get with the 00s haha and get cable but Im poor. anyways if there is anyway I could do it from school I would try that, I have a lengthy break like 3 hours. anyways write back some details if you can... thanks guys - Sifty

• 2 weeks later...

I have just found this site and would like to say that it was nice to find others who appreciated the NHL 94 game and realized it stood above all others.

I always have played with manual line changes and penalties and all rules in place; so this league woud be different but I would be interested in joining if there are still openings.

Thanks,

Wally Wojo

Wally and Everyone,

Stay tuned.. Jeff (deadmeow) and I will be running a fall league though nhl94online.com. We'll let everyone know when that's going on.

-Evan

• 2 years later...