NHL'94 Forums

Cory Schneider plays NHL94

halifax

http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/2...483911-sun.html

Fellow American Cory Schneider is excited about the prospects of facing Chelios.

"Hey, if he wants to keep playing and he's able to, more power to him," said Schneider. "I grew up playing NHL 94 with the Chicago Blackhawks and they were solid with Chelios and (Jeremy) Roenick. It will be fun to get a chance to play against him."

Nice, I'm sure the majority of NHL players have played at least one of the classic hockey games. Good find.

-Evan

http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/2...483911-sun.html

Fellow American Cory Schneider is excited about the prospects of facing Chelios.

"Hey, if he wants to keep playing and he's able to, more power to him," said Schneider. "I grew up playing NHL 94 with the Chicago Blackhawks and they were solid with Chelios and (Jeremy) Roenick. It will be fun to get a chance to play against him."

GO MOOSE :D

Nice, I'm sure the majority of NHL players have played at least one of the classic hockey games. Good find.

-Evan

im acually curious if theres ever been a ex nhl player ever on these forums? or in a league for that matter

Edited by donnybrook

This isn't that related, but I didnt' want to start a new thread for it.

I am at work and just turned on the Team 990 Montreal radio station to listen to some sports talk and the first thing I hear them talking about is Jyrki Lumme (no idea why). Anyways, one of the guys says Lumme was awesome for Vancouver in 1994 when they went to the SC finals and he still likes to use Vancouver when he plays NHL 94 because the Lumme - Dana Murzyn pairing is unstoppable.

Now, on the SNES version, I believe Lumme-Lidster is the starting pair and that Lidster is considerably better than Murzyn, is he not? Maybe it's different on Genesis..

Apparently it was PJ Stock that said this. Now, knowing that he plays NHL 94, I have a newfound respect for him!

EDIT:

I think this has something to do with it, since they also mentioned bure and rob zamuner will be their next on-air guest:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressReleas...009+PRN20091013

Edited by Bob Kudelski

This isn't that related, but I didnt' want to start a new thread for it.

I am at work and just turned on the Team 990 Montreal radio station to listen to some sports talk and the first thing I hear them talking about is Jyrki Lumme (no idea why). Anyways, one of the guys says Lumme was awesome for Vancouver in 1994 when they went to the SC finals and he still likes to use Vancouver when he plays NHL 94 because the Lumme - Dana Murzyn pairing is unstoppable.

Now, on the SNES version, I believe Lumme-Lidster is the starting pair and that Lidster is considerably better than Murzyn, is he not? Maybe it's different on Genesis..

Apparently it was PJ Stock that said this. Now, knowing that he plays NHL 94, I have a newfound respect for him!

EDIT:

I think this has something to do with it, since they also mentioned bure and rob zamuner will be their next on-air guest:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressReleas...009+PRN20091013

The Vancouver defense is at best mediocre on Genesis. Lidster is decent with the weight-bug-fix. Lumme is ok without it. Murzyn definitely isn't in the starting pair (nor should he be).. maybe he plays with line-changes?

Anyway, pretty cool these guys still play the game.