NHL'94 Forums

Vancouver Rom Shareware

corky

Well as you can see here, the logo on the ice will not have any of the team's flags (not even Canada). It would make much more sense to have that logo (or a simplified version) instead.

Yep, I know that they don´t change the logos on ice for every game. But personally I like this "Flags on ice-theme" more. If you like, you can correct it and post here an another rom. I won´t be mad. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Done some more work.

All the real 12 teams (United States, Canada, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belarus , Switzerland ,Germany,Latvia,Norway) and players are updated.

Other teams in this rom are mostly from Torino 2006 Olympic Roster, dont know how to delete teams, I know how to limit but then I dont know how to change the order (i think it is impossible).

With the "smaller" countires there is some mistakes with the player likeness and ratings, also the chosen shirt-numbers are not confirmed with all the teams.

If someone is keen on helping or wants to continue this, be my guest!

24 days to go...

hey man if you use the nhl94 editor 6.0 or 7.0 Go to edit menu that you can go from 28 available teams to 12 :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a fantastic hack. Good job! I say it again: This hack is SUPERB! I like the great diversity of teams, Britain, Romania, Croatia, Serbia and even China, lol. Great Wall Arena? That's a new one... at least it was so for me! Hilarious stuff.

I messed around somewhat in NOSE and came up with purple boards, better selection of roosters and

more of that "Winter Olympics Feeling".

I'm gonna do some research and take a deeper look into the selection of players of the smaller teams. I lowered the ability for both China, Serbia and Crotia. They are really really bad. The tempo is so slow, there's no chance they could even keep up with Canada (for instance), but right now, in this hack, they can. I'm taking a deeper look at that, lowering their stats (and speed!). Instead, they should have one or two "key players" with superb shooting, passing or penalty kill abilities. Like Kopitar in Slovenia or Zucca in Norway. I gave their passing and speed "6 = 99". Crosby, Ovechkin,etc, they are wonderchilds, so it was natural to give them 99 in everything, lol.

I heard some guys here disliked the cyan ice, but didn't like the blending of the white ice either. Grey seem like a good compromise to some, while others thought a lighter cyan ice were the best. I tweaked around and came up with this color:

VancouverComparison.PNG

Purple Boards = Sochi 2014.

Tested it in some games and to me, it seems easy on the eyes, what do you think?

post-8620-0-03422300-1429690146_thumb.pn

"no" to the purple. and I love purple...