NHL'94 Forums

Pit vs Chi

kupuck19

I have never had drama on this site before but I felt that this should be taken note of.

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:14:29 PM): well im ready

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:14:55 PM): btw please be gentle because I still remember the practice games

Vinnie R Smith (1:15:21 PM): lol we played practice games?

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:15:31 PM): I think so

Vinnie R Smith (1:15:45 PM): gl

Play game 1... burnedouthabs lags out at 1:22 mark of the 2nd period after Chicago scores a goal to go up 4-1.

Vinnie R Smith (1:21:53 PM): you lag out?

Vinnie R Smith (1:22:33 PM): i got 4-1 with 1:22 left

Vinnie R Smith (1:23:32 PM): you there?

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed off at 1:24:05 PM.

maverickz161@hotmail.com is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed on at 1:24:05 PM.

Vinnie R Smith (1:24:09 PM): hey

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:25:34 PM): i have no idea wtf happend

Vinnie R Smith (1:25:45 PM): we got lagged out

Vinnie R Smith (1:25:56 PM): at 4-1 with 1:22 left in the second

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:26:08 PM): what do you wanna do?

Vinnie R Smith (1:26:33 PM): lets play a period and then until 3:38 mark of the second period

Vinnie R Smith (1:26:51 PM): then we just restart for the second

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:27:48 PM): basically what ur saying is we replay the score 4-1 in the 1st and replay the 2nd

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:28:10 PM): is that right?

Vinnie R Smith (1:28:30 PM): nah, just play the first then play 1:22 into the second - then its a 15 min game

Vinnie R Smith (1:29:01 PM): so at 3:38 on the clock in the second we will just press pause

We play and finish.

Vinnie R Smith (1:33:49 PM): 6-3

Vinnie R Smith (1:33:50 PM): gg

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:34:00 PM): that

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:34:04 PM): it

Vinnie R Smith (1:34:18 PM): yeah we played a period and 1:22

maverickz161@hotmail.com (1:34:48 PM): I guess. kinda weird though

Vinnie R Smith (1:35:02 PM): yeah, thats usually how we do it when a game lags out

Vinnie R Smith (1:35:24 PM): k then just close out and we'll restart for the next

We play game 2 and when Chicago scores it's 8th goal to go up 8-2 with 2:36 remaining in the second period burnedouthabs lags out again. Notice the time stamp... Never got a reply as to why he left or what happened...

Vinnie R Smith (1:42:18 PM): we lagged out again

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed off at 1:43:49 PM.

maverickz161@hotmail.com is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed on at 1:43:53 PM.

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed off at 1:43:57 PM.

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed on at 1:45:31 PM.

Vinnie R Smith (1:46:14 PM): hey

Vinnie R Smith (1:47:07 PM): we lagged out at the 2:36 mark

maverickz161@hotmail.com went away at 1:47:41 PM.

Vinnie R Smith (1:53:31 PM): welll when you're ready to finish it let me know... i got the save state so if i need to i can go back and look at all the info but i should be able to remember it: 8-2 with 2:36left in the second

He comes back, while I am gone, to tell me we should do a "do-over".

maverickz161@hotmail.com (2:32:37 PM): maverick (burnedouthabs): Sorry man, how about this f**k the save state and replay the game over again what do you say? I know you you have a 8-2 lead but whose to say you can't do it again if we play again

maverickz161@hotmail.com (2:34:24 PM): he's the same team in c

maverickz161@hotmail.com (2:34:52 PM): plus he had a 3-1 record but in b he's awful

maverickz161@hotmail.com (2:35:19 PM): and he has the same team go figure

maverickz161@hotmail.com (2:36:03 PM): Sorry man, how about this f**k the save state and replay the game over again what do you say? I know you you have a 8-2 lead but whose to say you can't do it again if we play again

I come back.

Vinnie R Smith (2:55:31 PM): sorry but we played half a league game, you cant just hit the restart button...

Vinnie R Smith (2:59:00 PM): you there?

maverickz161@hotmail.com (3:23:01 PM): iam now

Vinnie R Smith (3:23:10 PM): k

Vinnie R Smith (3:23:28 PM): so you wanna finish this game?

maverickz161@hotmail.com (3:23:43 PM): nope

Vinnie R Smith (3:24:11 PM): k, well when are we going to finish it?

maverickz161@hotmail.com (3:24:23 PM): i don't know

Vinnie R Smith (3:25:08 PM): well im around now... may be leaving to a buddys house soon so, just send me an IM...

maverickz161@hotmail.com (3:25:24 PM): theres no way i gonna get 6 or 7 goals in a period and a half

maverickz161@hotmail.com (3:25:58 PM): so just put it as forefit or DNP

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed off at 3:26:14 PM.

Vinnie R Smith (3:26:25 PM): thats bullshit

maverickz161@hotmail.com went away at 3:26:40 PM.

maverickz161@hotmail.com (3:26:53 PM): whatever

Vinnie R Smith (3:27:41 PM): kinda funny how both games cut out the same way, it was all going my way and then i score and then it cut out

Vinnie R Smith (3:28:10 PM): but whatever dude, i dont have time to argue about 94... i got things to do

maverickz161@hotmail.com (3:29:01 PM): whatever floats your boat man, and btw im still thinking on whether or not to log our first game too

maverickz161@hotmail.com signed off at 3:29:07 PM.

I have been playing leagues in awhile now, and I have never had drama with anybody. I have taken my beatings and sucked it up losing games by landslides but it's insulting when I play a coach and because I was winning he is refusing to report scores or finish games.

So the whole point of me putting the AIM conversation in was to show what was said, what happened and when it happened and to take note that this needs to be recorded:

Pit (home) 3 vs Chi (away) 6

And Unfinished at the 2:36 mark of the 2nd period: Pit (home) 2 vs Chi (away) 8

Hmmm sorry to hear that man. I am kind of puzzled, why is he the only one who can log the game and not you? I think blitz league is run where the winner logs the score just in case the loser just runs off like a coward. I would think there would be lots of drama in a league where only one person can log it.

You kicked his rear plain and simple, you should be able to log the scores.

Edited by marcusmaximus

ya I was beating mav to and he lagged out

who did the connection check for this guy?

anyway we restarted the whole game because i don't really care because its just NHL 94 but vinnie did it the way your supposed to

mav just logg the game

its ok to lose everyone does when they come in as a rookie

just keep trying and itll get better

he than proceeded to beat me in our seconed game because of some nice lag... with lemuix... lemuix and lag is a leathal combo

apparently we werent alowed to log the score when I won when there was lag but we were allowed to log it when he won

im not saying... im just saying

Edited by nationals1

I am kind of puzzled, why is he the only one who can log the game and not you?

The home team logs the scores.

But that is some funny sheet

I had the same situation with him. The score was 3-1 beginning of the third and all of a sudden he starts moving his goalie out of the net whenever I had the puck in his zone. I decided not to score on him and just pass it around. Then he disconnects and disappears. He comes back on 10 min later and start apologizing that his PC is acting up.

I never knew a PC would take control of the game and cause your goalie to leave the net when the other puck has the team. I would get that fixed ASAP.

I accepted his apology, but I didn't think he was doing this to other people. That is just plain being a sore loser. You aren't going to get better unless you play, and skipping out on games is not the way to win any respect from the other coaches.

As I see it when it comes to lagouts or data timeouts, the one who gets DC'd usually has a controlled player stuck running in one direction, never going around randomly. Unless he has a sucky connection or his controller isn't working right at times, it sounds rather fishy.

Blitz games can be logged by anyone by uploading the save states and the home team in Classic is the one responsable for jotting the games into the results and open them for confirmation. Usually you come back quickly if something like that happens and let the other guy know, but let it pass 10 minutes on purpose makes it sound suspicious.

OK. I guess I can't really defend myself but I will try to explain whats happening to me

To clear things up, I had some issues with my computer as of late and that during league games. Now I know you guys have doubts about me with crashing and freezing happening whenever games are played against me, but those are NOT my fault as I cant not control my computer crashing or freezing. Believe me or not. you choice. Im also ready to face any punishment thats given to me if any is given

to kpuck: the first game has been logged just waiting for your confirmation. The second game we can pick up where we left off and im really sorry about what was said before, I know you might see me as a total sore loser but i am really sorry and I apologize

BTW

who did the connection check for this guy?

Wags

Edited by mav

Wow dude, this is kinda weird. All this crap is happening and it's always about bad connection, but when it happened to us, it was because of a power outage... It's awful strange that all of this is happening ALL the time. Here's my story:

I'm leading 4-1 at home with 1:53 left in 1st period. Basically, it was on the verge of being a total blowout by the mid-2nd...

All of a sudden...disconnected. About 3 minutes later he signs off of AIM, disappears for a couple of days...Does tons of practicing, (He admitted this) which is fine.

Comes back some 3-4 days later ready to play, I haven't played much but whatever, I say, so should we just play a couple periods plus the 1:53 and add the 4-1 after the fact? He argues that it would somehow be much "easier" to just start over from scratch. I figure, I'm sick of arguing about it. Let's just get it over with. I haven't played in a few days, but I beat him the first few, should be able to again. No big deal right? Seems that in this game I'm on the PK the ENTIRE TIME. Down 2 men for plenty of it, too. Well, if we play two + 1:53 and add 4-1, I win. He pots a couple late ones on the PP and I'm unable to do anything without going to the box.

Long story short...total BS. I would never have made a big deal out of this, but it really bothers me that this kind of thing has happened numerous other times.

Something needs to be done about this crap.

BTW, I can't FU**ING believe I actually believed that SH*T and I really can't believe I let you somehow guilt ME into starting over. ABSOLUTE CRAP.

MAVERICK'S RESPECT LEVEL = ZERO

Edited by beavers33

There is no need to analyze this situation in any depth. This is an clear bullshit situation. Case closed, the only debate is the severity of the punishment. The integrity of each coach is vital to the success of this league.

I don't remember any lag issues in the exhibition games we played, maybe the incredible amount of goals scored against him piled up on his connection and caused the lag situation.

Seems we have a game dumper.

Wow dude, this is kinda weird. All this crap is happening and it's always about bad connection, but when it happened to us, it was because of a power outage... It's awful strange that all of this is happening ALL the time. Here's my story:

I'm leading 4-1 at home with 1:53 left in 1st period. Basically, it was on the verge of being a total blowout by the mid-2nd...

All of a sudden...disconnected. About 3 minutes later he signs off of AIM, disappears for a couple of days...Does tons of practicing, (He admitted this) which is fine.

Comes back some 3-4 days later ready to play, I haven't played much but whatever, I say, so should we just play a couple periods plus the 1:53 and add the 4-1 after the fact? He argues that it would somehow be much "easier" to just start over from scratch. I figure, I'm sick of arguing about it. Let's just get it over with. I haven't played in a few days, but I beat him the first few, should be able to again. No big deal right? Seems that in this game I'm on the PK the ENTIRE TIME. Down 2 men for plenty of it, too. Well, if we play two + 1:53 and add 4-1, I win. He pots a couple late ones on the PP and I'm unable to do anything without going to the box.

Long story short...total BS. I would never have made a big deal out of this, but it really bothers me that this kind of thing has happened numerous other times.

Something needs to be done about this crap.

BTW, I can't FU**ING believe I actually believed that SH*T and I really can't believe I let you somehow guilt ME into starting over. ABSOLUTE CRAP.

MAVERICK'S RESPECT LEVEL = ZERO

Alright if this is what you guys want to hear, I take repsonsiblity for crashing and freezing my own computer (even though I didn't) if that make you guys feel any better.

As for the other insults, whatever. Fine. Halifax, Evan it seems like everyone in here wants me to be punished and or suspended because it seems to these guys I have no respect, integrity, I lie, and im a game dumper at my convenience. I've taken responsibilty because of the mob mentality, and i am willing to take any punishment or suspension you may hand down to make all of these people feel better. Anyways, Its your call

Alright if this is what you guys want to hear, I take repsonsiblity for crashing and freezing my own computer (even though I didn't) if that make you guys feel any better.

As for the other insults, whatever. Fine. Halifax, Evan it seems like everyone in here wants me to be punished and or suspended because it seems to these guys I have no respect, integrity, I lie, and im a game dumper at my convenience. I've taken responsibilty because of the mob mentality, and i am willing to take any punishment or suspension you may hand down to make all of these people feel better. Anyways, Its your call

Since you wouldn't respond in AIM, I guess I'll post what I have to say here. Maybe your computer crashed and you didn't get my IMs. But you can read it here whenever.

The biggest problem with this whole scenario is that crashing of your computer would usually result in your immediate disconnection from Kaillera and AIM. I know that when my computer crashes, people can't talk to me. It's the fishy "disconnections," "power outages," and "crashes" that make it so hard to believe you, especially when you've insisted that everybody restart from scratch so you have a chance to win. You should take responsibility for your actions, not because of the "mob" mentality, which you've brought on yourself, but because you should have some respect for the mods, your opponents, and yourself.

Since you wouldn't respond in AIM, I guess I'll post what I have to say here. Maybe your computer crashed and you didn't get my IMs. But you can read it here whenever.

The biggest problem with this whole scenario is that crashing of your computer would usually result in your immediate disconnection from Kaillera and AIM. I know that when my computer crashes, people can't talk to me. It's the fishy "disconnections," "power outages," and "crashes" that make it so hard to believe you, especially when you've insisted that everybody restart from scratch so you have a chance to win. You should take responsibility for your actions, not because of the "mob" mentality, which you've brought on yourself, but because you should have some respect for the mods, your opponents, and yourself.

I simply asked to restart because you said you didn't care at that time. if you had said something about picking it up you should have said something and we would have done something. And now ontop of you accusing me of crashing and freezing my own computer for my own benefit, now you accuse me that a power outage happening is my doing??

Fine. I accept all responsiblity even though I didn't do nothing except for asking for simple restarts.

Now all we gotta is wait till Halifax or Evan sees this

I simply asked to restart because you said you didn't care at that time. if you had said something about picking it up you should have said something and we would have done something. And now ontop of you accusing me of crashing and freezing my own computer for my own benefit, now you accuse me that a power outage happening is my doing??

Fine. I accept all responsiblity even though I didn't do nothing except for asking for simple restarts.

I tried to get you to pick up where we left off at 4-1. I finally decided it was fine because you kept arguing that it would be "easier" and because I'm generally a pushover. I just like things to go smoothly. You knew that I didn't want to, but I did, so whatever. I accepted my own bad decision and logged the game, I obviously didn't care too much to change it. It was just after I heard about all these different problems you had with FIVE other opponents that I chimed in. I don't care if anything gets done about my game, but if your alleged computer problems are so bad, maybe you should get it fixed and not play leagues until it is. I don't want to get in a fight or anything, I just get fired up when crap like this happens. That's it, no more from me.

This is pasted directly from the NHL94online.com website:

===========================================

Desyncs

An untied, desync'ed game should be picked up from the point the game desync'ed. The score should be replicated by owners allowing each other to score, and then owners should skate around until the appropriate time remaining in the game to pick up play. The trailing player starts with the puck.

A tied, desync'ed game can be picked up from the point the game desync'ed in a similar fashion (the visiting team starts with the puck), but, if both players agree, the tied game can also simply be replayed from the start as a new game.

If two coaches disagree on a score of a game played, they should contact an admin to resolve the issue. If the admin cannot make a decision from the information given, the game must be replayed as if the previous game never happened.

Note: Desync'ed games are common, and often lead to coaches observing radically different game results. To avoid unnecessary confusion, watch for Desync messages in the Chat area of the Gens emulator, and pause the game if you see a problem. Contact your opponent over IM and coordinate a resumption of the game according to the above guidelines.

Lag Problems

If a coach is experiencing lag such that gameplay is dramatically affected, it is his responsibility to speak up sooner, rather than later. A game that is flagged as unplayable by a coach in the FIRST MINUTE may generally be cancelled and replayed on another server or at another time at no penalty - as long as the coach is not trailing by more than one(1) goal. Otherwise, the rule of thumb is to suspend a lagged game and resume it from the same point in much the same way as outlined in the "Desyncs" section.

===========================================

From our point of view:

It would seem strange that Mav would have constant issues when being down in a game. When a few different users make the same complaint we have to investigate. Nonetheless, games should be played out according to the rules. Games should resume where they left off, and logged accordingly.

At this point in time, are there any unresolved games with Mav? If not, then lets just try to continue playing games and having a good time. If there's a problem with a game, pause the game and talk to your opponent. If you can't resolve a problem with your opponent please contact Chaos, Halifax, or me for assistance.

The Admins should know about any problems going on in the leagues, otherwise we have to assume it's going smooth.

Thanks and keep up the pace!

-Evan

Still, it have been proper to at least connect to AIM shortly after and let nationals know what your problem was and what happened. You can't just leave the guy in the dark without at least a quick explanation for days. You owe him that at least.

No, I'm not blaming you or anything. Just giving you advice for the future.

Still, it have been proper to at least connect to AIM shortly after and let nationals know what your problem was and what happened. You can't just leave the guy in the dark without at least a quick explanation for days. You owe him that at least.

No, I'm not blaming you or anything. Just giving you advice for the future.

you're right. I should have.