NHL'94 Forums

How to do the slap deke?

marcus_nhl94

hi

Just wondering if anyone has a video or step by step instructions on doing a slap deke?

Just started playing NHL 94 on Gens. Way better than the SNES version. SNES has some good features, differences.

Genesis/Sega CD Best Version. Hands Down. PC version Ok

I think it has happened to me a couple of times (SNES).. But I'd say it's just a glitch. Too bad though, the fake shot was one of the few really cool things in '95 (among with the drop pass, that actually worked! never seen a hockey game execute the drop pass that well since).

ahhh the slap deke, yes basically just a permutation of the cross crease cheese. Tough to explain how to do it, but when it's done it just makes the goalie look silly.

I remember my first season in gdl3 I played Habs, he had sodderstrom I think, I scored 3 goals at ridonkulous angles , and as far as the the deep corner board.

Anyway, u kinda hold the C button down while gving the directional a left right moved simultaneously. The goalie usually drops and u can dump it in the net. But u usually have to be skating away from the net when doing it.

ahhh the slap deke, yes basically just a permutation of the cross crease cheese. Tough to explain how to do it, but when it's done it just makes the goalie look silly.

I remember my first season in gdl3 I played Habs, he had sodderstrom I think, I scored 3 goals at ridonkulous angles , and as far as the the deep corner board.

Anyway, u kinda hold the C button down while gving the directional a left right moved simultaneously. The goalie usually drops and u can dump it in the net. But u usually have to be skating away from the net when doing it.

so you just do left right while winding a slap shot and it fakes the goalie?

God don't tell him, i hate when i cut my GC loose and you do that.