NHL'94 Forums

NHL '91 (full scale '94 edit) and new NHL '91.com

clockwise

Most of those mistakes were likely made during hour(s) long sessions in my genuine imitation leather chair where time bends, minutes become hours, and sprites become animate.

No excuses. I've fixed them all. Thanks for pointing them out to me, saves the time of having to search for them myself.

I realize you rated players (and, by extension, teams) based on how they performed that year, but come on...Quebec, a 44? You could've made them a *little* more competitive, eh?

Player ratings are independent of team ratings..The Dekes had the lowest point total with 46, the 2nd lowest was Toronto with 57. Thats why they were awarded the lowest overall team rating.

Looked at sportslogos.net and your correct about the Boston logo..I changed it to the '90-'91 one.

Player card pics for all 450 + players are complete along with a few uniform tweaks.

I noticed that sometimes when you are playing a game, the team you are using will also show up in the score ticker as playing another team. Not a big deal to me, but thought you might want to know.

Hey, there was one thing i caught concerning some players and their weight. It looks like that a few players weigh 140 lbs. when they should weigh something else, this is pretty important because of weight bug, so here is what i found.

Calgary:

Paul Fenton 180 lbs.

Hartford:

Mike Tomlak 204 lbs.

Minnesota:

Doug Smail 172 lbs.

Montreal:

Mike Mcphee 204 lbs.

Winnipeg:

Teppo Numminen 196 lbs.

I noticed that sometimes when you are playing a game, the team you are using will also show up in the score ticker as playing another team. Not a big deal to me, but thought you might want to know.

Yup. Even though the number of selectable teams in the menu is 23 there are still 30 teams..A few of the clubs have been repeated in the back of the rom that aren't selectable for when the "other scores" appear. This way their isin't a blank space there..So don't be shocked if you see a the Sabres facing it's doppelganger.

Hey, there was one thing i caught concerning some players and their weight. It looks like that a few players weigh 140 lbs. when they should weigh something else, this is pretty important because of weight bug, so here is what i found.

Must have glossed over these. Thanks for pointing 'em out they're fixed now..

Excellent Rom. Coming from a Blues fan, it's always nice to see a hacked rom the goes back to the glory days instead of updating current rosters. I had wanted to mess with copying and pasting the 92 game's rosters into 94 to have the same type of rom, but with grad school I haven't had any time. And now I don't have to!

The website you gave in the first post in this thread with all of the team's jerseys is very cool. I did notice though that in St. Louis' home jersey you had a white stripe on the sleeve bordered by a yellow stripe. The middle stripe should really be blue. No biggie, these games have never been able to really give a good Blues jersey it seems. In the original rom it is basically Edmonton's jersey. Might I suggest this site I just ran across though: http://www.sportslogos.net/annuals.php?sea...1&Submit=Go . Again, coming from a Blues fan, people tend to use the current Blues logo when they list the logos for NHL 94. or in this case 91/92. It's even on the banner on this site's main page. That sports logos site has the actual Blues logo from these years, with the red trim, "St. Louis" in the note and smoother edges on the wing (I know yours are smooth, this site's banner is not). One last Blues criticsm and I swear I'm done, Hull had 86 goals that year, not 87. He would have broken Gretzky's record if Oates didn't miss about 20 games that year. That's also why he HAS to be the best shooter in the game.

I hope I don't come off as a jerk by pointing out a few things, the rom is great!

Another addition: Stick tape has been added (both white and black versions) by modifying the affected tiles using the boot / glove color for the stick, and the skate color for the white tape version, which is more compatible with the smaller pucks. I also changed the eyes of the player sprites to use the boot color so visiting teams like Detroit don't look baked using the jersey color for the eyes anymore..

It's an arduous process locating every tile and configuring them but it's a nice visual enhancement and adds another dimenson of detail to the sprites. Pics attached

Black tape

post-194-1178079021_thumb.jpg

White tape

post-194-1178079050_thumb.jpg

There's also a way to add this edit to any other rom since I've done the tile editing, all someone would have to do is paste the entire sprite image. I'll do a tutorial on it in the near future.

The website you gave in the first post in this thread with all of the team's jerseys is very cool. I did notice though that in St. Louis' home jersey you had a white stripe on the sleeve bordered by a yellow stripe. The middle stripe should really be blue. No biggie, these games have never been able to really give a good Blues jersey it seems. In the original rom it is basically Edmonton's jersey. Might I suggest this site I just ran across though: http://www.sportslogos.net/annuals.php?sea...1&Submit=Go . Again, coming from a Blues fan, people tend to use the current Blues logo when they list the logos for NHL 94. or in this case 91/92. It's even on the banner on this site's main page. That sports logos site has the actual Blues logo from these years, with the red trim, "St. Louis" in the note and smoother edges on the wing (I know yours are smooth, this site's banner is not). One last Blues criticsm and I swear I'm done, Hull had 86 goals that year, not 87.

Re Stl jerseys:

Many of the team uniforms can't be represented accurately (yet) ie: Chicago doesn't have black shoulders, they have a black helmet for the away uniform..But this isn't possible due to the jersey sharing the lid color..So EA compensated by making the shoulders black..I could add a blue band to the sleeve for STL using swos's strip hack but that would remove the skates.

Re logo: I used sportslogos.net for everyone of the team logos except for STL. The team pallet is shared with the jerseys, so if I add the red trim to the logo it has to be added to the uni as well (which is pointless seeing how small the band around the jersey was). The lettering for the note won't even be legible and takes away from the logo so I took it off. Same principle applys to the NY Isles uniform.

And yes I know Hull scored 86 not 87. He also scored those 86 in 90-91 which is the season the game is based on, not 91-92.

I just noticed Winnipeg is not playable for Playoffs mode.

They didn't make the playoffs that year.

I noticed something interesting. The computer scored a really nice goal on me, deflection in the high slot after a shot from the point from a faceoff win, so I checked out the replay. In the replay the crease was blue, while in normal play it is the color of the ice. This isn't something I have checked out with other hacked roms or even again in this rom. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this too.

has this thing been updated...and if so can i download the updated version...or isnt that out yet? on your nhl91 site i mean

great freaking rom!

hey clockwise, how can i get a copy of the updated 91 rom...on your site its the same as before with no tape on the sticks...or will it be up when everything is done

thanks

How did you delete the expansion teams?? I cant do that in NOSE. Thanks.

It's not possible to delete them. They are removed from the menu so they are not playable / visible but there are still 30 teams.

http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2935

hey clockwise, how can i get a copy of the updated 91 rom...on your site its the same as before with no tape on the sticks...or will it be up when everything is done

thanks

The stick tape / player sprite edit and backup player cards are completed. As mentioned before I'm going to add swos's bench area and a few other things then I'll be done and put it on the site. However I put the tape edit in Macks 07 playoff rom that he's going release shortly so you'll be able to see wha it looks like in action.

• 2 weeks later...

Russian NHLPA 94 commissioner kgb man has requested that the teams from the 1990-1991 Super Series in which the NHL played the Soviets in exhibition matches be in the game. It's done under that condition that I recieve 3 Russian mail order brides in return for my serivces.

Russian NHLPA 94 commissioner kgb man has requested that the teams from the 1990-1991 Super Series in which the NHL played the Soviets in exhibition matches be in the game. It's done under that condition that I recieve 3 Russian mail order brides in return for my serivces.

Yes it is true kgbman has recieved direct orders from kremlin to add these teams and joined on 3 year conract to represent nhl94pa russian elite league ...........kgbman would like to add his demands are more than just teams he would like shouit out in the game russian elite logos and no don cherry he is rusian emenmy number also ana kournalove in stands of the games ............this will be greatest rom ever made and will join russia and north america .....its funny i have meet any russian nhl94 players u think they would have played the game well now maybe they will!! clockwise u ae an ambastor to the world ur services will be recognized by UN in ceremony !!!

Guest cr0ssbar94

Around what date do you expect the final release of NHL 91 to be released? Still the old one on the website. Thanks.

I so envy how much more can be done in the genesis version... Well I'm guessing it all can be done on snes in theory, but reality is light years away. Hands down to this mod, clockwise! Looks awesome.

Amazing work, I love it. If only they allowed fighting in 94, so many great enforcers in the game :blink:

Oh btw, one slight correction on the Kings. Jay Miller should be left handed. I recall the original NHL Hockey had him incorrectly placed as a right hand shot. Also noticed Steve Smith on the Oilers with this error as well, as he should be a lefty as well.

Also, Pat LaFontaine should be wearing #16, not 17.

Thanks again for the great work.

Yes it is true kgbman has recieved direct orders from kremlin to add these teams and joined on 3 year conract to represent nhl94pa russian elite league ...........kgbman would like to add his demands are more than just teams he would like shouit out in the game russian elite logos and no don cherry he is rusian emenmy number also ana kournalove in stands of the games ............this will be greatest rom ever made and will join russia and north america .....its funny i have meet any russian nhl94 players u think they would have played the game well now maybe they will!! clockwise u ae an ambastor to the world ur services will be recognized by UN in ceremony !!!

Kgbman has proven his loyality to the state with the delivery of his beautifull countrywomen. He was kind enough not to send them through steerage.

As per the game: Russian Super Series teams are complete along with Swos's bench area. I'm adding some additional graphic edits to things such as the player star, edit lines screen, and some of the game mechanics edits Tony has found of late..Then it will be finished, shooting for mid June.

• 4 weeks later...

All of the final esthetic enhancements have been added and the game is completed. Go to NHL '91.com to download.

Here are the final additions:

- Every player now has a player card pic, thats 500+

- Russian Elite teams from the 1990-1991 Super Series

- Hockey tape and sprite edit patch I did was added

- Swos's bench area

- Player #'s and names fixed

- Goalie and player rating overhaul

- Evan's player circle icon

- Tony's speed burst multplier find was added to make it harded to chase down breakaways

- NHL '95 PC style puck

There's more stuff I can't think of at the moment.

Thanks to:

kgbman for his release of Soviet Russian hockey players to N. America and quality control, angryjay for his help in locating Russian classic jerseys, Voc for finding jersey #'s testing the game and pointing out my splelinng mistkaes. Chidlovski and other Russians for help with the player card pics, and everyone who gave me feedback about the game.

As allways glory to the game.

Great job, clockwise, can't wait to play it! Amazing stuff all you folks are doing...I always wonder if people at EA have ever seen any of this stuff? Probably blow their minds... :)

Fantastic work. I applaud your effort - 90-91 is one of my favourite years of hockey experiences ever, so I'll be having some nostalgic moments with this mod.

YAY! Downloading now.

You worked very hard on this ROM. Myself, as well as the community, appreciate your hard work. I call Hartford in your upcoming league :)

EDIT: After beating Dynamo Moscow 3-2 with Hartford, I have to say that I love what you've done. The Russian teams are well done. Will they be made available for play in your league?

Thank's for the compliments fellas, much appreciated.

YAY! Downloading now.

You worked very hard on this ROM. Myself, as well as the community, appreciate your hard work. I call Hartford in your upcoming league :)

EDIT: After beating Dynamo Moscow 3-2 with Hartford, I have to say that I love what you've done. The Russian teams are well done. Will they be made available for play in your league?

Couldn't have done the Super Series teams without help from members here and other Russians through correspondence / other forums becasue lots of players only played 2 or 3 professional games.

Not sure what the format will be yet, draft or otherwise. If enough guys want to play with the Russian teams then why not? I know kgbman want's to use the Red Army National team, but having the Cup land in Soviet hands would be scary.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey jesus!

I never intended to be one of those nit-pickers,

however,

I noticed one small thing: Theo Fluery is right handed and a lefty in your rom.

Let me finish by saying this rom is the only one I use anymore. A work of art.

Thanks for all of your efforts. :)