NHL'94 Forums

2ON2 VETS LEAGUE

donnybrook

there's been talk about a 2on2 league for some time and i guess ive been chosen to get the ball rolling. First off

this is not a "open" league, this will only be open for actives who have already shown their commitment to

the 2on2 recently.

Rules

- There will be 4 teams (8 players)

- each team will play every other team 6 times. making it a 18 game season for each team.

- at the seasons end the # 1 seed will have a buy into the finals and the #2 and #3 seed play a best of seven

- finals will be a best of seven

- Teams will be chosen at random, this will make the teams fair giving everyone a chance.

- standings will be decided on a point system. 2pt win, 1pt OT loss, 0pt loss. 1 pt to each team if ended in tie.

the following players will be allowed to participate, if you are unable to play/don't want to please post saying so,

otherwise make sure you sign up in this post.

"A"

-SOH (confirmed)

-Habs (confirmed)

-Zalex (confirmed)

-Freydey (confirmed)

-BO (confirmed)

-donnybrook (confirmed)

-Polite (confirmed)

-Carse (confirmed)

"B"

- Houlanov

- Louie14

- gihtarman

- Ugo Bo$$

- sarcdoc23

-

-

-

these players will have first choice, if someone decides they dont want to participate we will seek a replacement.

teams will not be chosen untill all players are confirmed. sorry to everyone who cant play that really wants too, we are keeping this very small and short because 2on2 leagues have a tendency to fail due to inactive mofo's and if we use current 2on2 exhibition players we have much less of a chance of this failing. post if you want to be on the waiting list and we'll contact you if we need replacement.

after we get teams set, the season will begin. all games will be released and there will be a post for standings and a place to post final scores.

* most rules are subject to change, but number of players and format are not.

ROM IS DONE

2on2_Vets_League_v_1.bin

Edited by donnybrook

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll gladly take the place of anyone who cant play.

Why am i not on this list? I am certainly one of the original 2v2 players and im a vet for sure.

I also used to play A LOT of 2on2 before donny joined the forums.

Edited by shaftman

Why am i not on this list? I am certainly one of the original 2v2 players and im a vet for sure.

LOL i was playin 2v2 well before you donny.......

what have you done for us latley? :rolleyes:

im sorry, i know its lame but i wasnt going to run this and not be in it. im not claiming to be more than a vet than you sebe, but i have been playing this for quite some time and think i paid my dues. i shoulda been more clear, the league isnt necessarily for vets but for people who have been playing a lot recently and will give this league the highest chance of success.

Edited by donnybrook

wouldnt mind sebe being in, but as we know your basically never on anymore. So it would be a bad idea to include you.

We need people who are available daily! Too many 2on2 tournys flop because those who sign up dont show up, we must make sure this doesnt happen.

Carse relax urself, I need to amend my availability to sundays after 3pm, i know its not much of a availability, but its all i can do.

If i need to forfeit the games, thats fine, its all good. I got too much actual "life" goin on right now.

However if u can be around sunday, ill be online.

Yeah all I see on that list is a bunch of players I regularly beat 2 v 2 .. interesting choice of "vets"

the only 2v2 reg u usually beat was eastvanapna, and you had to get the lucky bounce

And Sebe, donny is up for 2on2 everyday, maybe he should have use active players instead of vets for that list tho.... But of course, if you can be active, i wouldnt mind you joining!

Donnybrak is an older 94 that you all think, going under the secret name of DDY

EDIT: WAGS http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic...;hl=wonder+twin

LOL

Edited by Freydey

Yeah all I see on that list is a bunch of players I regularly beat 2 v 2 .. interesting choice of "vets"

I didnt know that regulary meant once in a lifetime. I guess my english isnt that good. Oh well, at least ive learned something today

the only 2v2 reg u usually beat was eastvanapna, and you had to get the lucky bounce

And Sebe, donny is up for 2on2 everyday, maybe he should have use active players instead of vets for that list tho.... But of course, if you can be active, i wouldnt mind you joining!

Donnybrak is an older 94 that you all think, going under the secret name of DDY

Deady was the name, we were teammates in Jesus 2v2 league.

I didnt know that regulary meant once in a lifetime. I guess my english isnt that good. Oh well, at least ive learned something today

Dude I've smoked you so many times in 2 v 2 you won't play me in 5 v 5 anymore

I guess never evolving into a good 5 on 5 player made you turn to this.

That and trash talk.

Have fun in the B leagues.

Your reply is hilarious considering your signature says "B league champion"

:D :D :D

Dude I've smoked you so many times in 2 v 2 you won't play me in 5 v 5 anymore

I also didnt know that smoked, meant I got my face rapon. I guess my english is even worse than I thought. Great, another thing ive learned today.

oh btw

http://blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=1580

http://blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=1579

http://blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=1412

http://blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=1411

yea no wonder why i dont play you 5v5 anymore

k im out bye

lol this is fun thread

Pff I don't believe that. what are the chances that there are2 wags13 profiles that happen to be penguins fans.

unless 'wags13' comes from something we don't know about and isnt an original name.

Anyways donny in all seriousness I'd really like to play 2on2 with full dedication if a spot opens up :D

i cant join? <_<

you ruined last tourney with your baby crying

UPDATE

i put names in a randomizer number numbered them 1-8 and put 1with5 2with6 etc etc...

these were the results

team 1: zalex/donnybrook

team 2: freydey/polite

team 3: SOH/carse

team 4: Habs/BO

so now teams are set. i will edit the final rom so we can all play as ourselfs. so pick your team and be quick about it.