NHL'94 Forums

Who gets 1st pick in the second round of blitz draft?

nationals1

Ok, hold up. If I remember correctly, us expansioners got to pick last in the first free round last year...what gives?

last season, expansioners got the last picks in the first round; the same is true this season. as a 2nd year guy, you get to protect a guy first round AND you get an early 2nd round pick. new expansioners get a late 1st and a late 2nd.

(unfortunately the draft system makes it so new guys from 'odd number' seasons have to wait 2 seasons to get an early 1st pick if they finish poorly..)

Edited by smozoma

Smoz, there's a little something I have to ask.

Since you allowed trades in this stage before the draft, do we use our rosters as they were the previous season (Blitz 3)? Some people may want to know about that and if we can make the trades or not.

Smoz, there's a little something I have to ask.

Since you allowed trades in this stage before the draft, do we use our rosters as they were the previous season (Blitz 3)? Some people may want to know about that and if we can make the trades or not.

if you trade for a guy now, you can protect him in the first round. So, you would probably only trade for a guy you KNOW you'd protect in the first round. If you were to trade for some guy you might like to protect 3rd round, well, someone might draft him in the 2nd round and you'd lose him.