NHL'94 Forums

Farm League - Season 4 - sign up, pick your team

smozoma

I'll get the next Blitz Farm League season going soon.

PS: there will be playoffs at the end of the season this time.

1) Post your AIM name (AIM=AOL Instant Messenger, the de-facto standard messenger system for the nhl94 community) for coordinating games)

2) Pick at least 3 teams you want to play as (you may need to pick more if the teams get taken by returning players)

Team choice will be awarded in this manner:

EDIT: It is now first-come, first-served

If you're a really good/experienced player, I encourage you to take a weaker team, in order to balance out the competition a bit.

Blitz Farm League FAQ

What is the Blitz Farm League?

Well, there are the Blitz "A" (link) and "B" (link) leagues, then there is also the Farm (link) League. "A" and "B" are highly competitive leagues where you draft your players before the season. Farm league is more of a 'for fun' league, using the default team rosters -- however, the big difference is that the "Weight Bug" is fixed in this league's ROM, so heavy guys like Lindros and Bourque are awesom! Farm league gives you the chance to get experience with the weight bug fixed players, meet some people, learn who the better players in the game are, etc.

Statistics are tracked on the website, which is a lot of fun. For example, here are the top scorers from last season: http://www.blitz94.com/playerstats.asp?lg=9 . It's really easy to upload the statistics to the site - you just save the game with the F5 key in the emulator and then upload the file.

Blitz leagues use the "weight bug fix" - this fixes a bug in the original game, so now the heavy guys can check (lindros, neely, lemieux..) instead of the light guys (roenick, fleury, gilmour...). The goalies are also a bit stronger than usual (except Roy and Belfour who were already superhuman).

How to I get into the "A" or "B" leagues?

Promotion to the "A" and "B" leagues happens when someone leaves those leagues, and goes according to the waiting list; however, you must have played some Farm games in order to get promoted to "A"/"B" (so I know you have some dedication, a working connection, etc). (NOTE: If you sign up here, I'll add you to the A/B waiting list thread).

But it looks like i'll never make it to A/B!

If I can get around 12 people in the Farm league all playing a good number of games this season, I will convert Farm into "C" and "D" levels, with a preseason draft, for season 5 (expanding to 16+ teams I hope). Some of the better coaches would be placed in "A" or "B" if their skill level is appropriate.

Teams:

1. CGY - cffebs
  2. ANH -
  3. BOS - fernquist69
  4. BUF - dcicon5148 (18GP)
  5. CHI - vinniersmith (25GP)
  6. DAL
  7. DET - wagsth
  8. EDM
  9. FLA
  10. HFD
  11. L.A - homerj1994
  12. MTL - maverickz161@hotmail.com
  13. N.J
  14. NYI
  15. NYR - flasox24 (20GP)
  16. OTT
  17. PHI - iceguy94
  18. PIT - nasinater2@yahoo.com
  19. QUE - leetchfan2@msn.com
  20. S.J
  21. STL - deeohhaye
  22. T.B
  23. TOR - logantessier@gmail.com
  24. VAN
  25. WSH
  26. WPG

Edited by smozoma

swos

flasox

and zalex should be in A

yeah, but i can't add 2 new teams without kicking people out...

if i can get ~15 coaches participating, I can create a C and D leagues and redistribute the talent appropriately

Edited by smozoma

I want to join the farm league as well for A league tryouts and all. These are the teams I'd like to use:

1. Toronto

2. New Jersey

3. Hartford

4. St. Louis

5. Quebec

6. San Jose

7. New York Rangers

8. Philadelphia

9. Winnipeg

10. Florida

Top 10 in my case.

EDIT: Top 10 instead, just in case. I included 2 low-tier teams and 3 mid-tier to test out a theory I have.

AIM: Iceguy94

Edited by RedWingDevil

I want to join the farm league as well for A league tryouts and all. These are the teams I'd like to use:

You're already in B, which is like A league tryouts.. if someone isn't winning the cup in B, I'm obviously not moving them up to A just based on farm league performance.....

But I'll think about letting people from A/B join Farm.. they won't count towards that number required to expand to C/D leagues, obviously.

Edited by smozoma

And as you have said, the Farm league is a for-fun league, so that's why I decided to get in there and do it. I'm hopeful the others get in too. I'd like to try against some of the members of the A league as well.

Edited by RedWingDevil

And as you have said, the Farm league is a for-fun league, so that's why I decided to get in there and do it. I'm hopeful the others get in too. I'd like to try against some of the members of the A league as well.

ahh, i see the misunderstanding.

it's intended for non-A/B people, and i say it's "for-fun" because the competition isn't as even or serious. I'll think about it, letting A/B guys in.. maybe depending on the number of signups

Edited by smozoma

You may also call me crazy, but I believe it's a good way to test out the new guys coming in. Some of you call it hazing, but then I was thrown to the wolves in Metzgerism's Fixed Draft League when I first started out here. It's just an idea, though. You don't have to follow it through if you don't want to. :)

Edited by RedWingDevil

I'll get the next Blitz Farm League season going soon.

PS: there will be playoffs at the end of the season this time.

1) Post your AIM name (for coordinating games)

2) Pick at least 3 teams you want to play as (you may need to pick more if the teams get taken by returning players)

Team choice will be awarded in this manner:

1. By most games played in the previous Blitz season (see the stats here - guys with 0 GP don't count)

1. in the case of a tie, the first team to sign up below gets precedence
    2. [*]If you haven't played in the league before, then the order you sign up in determines precedence

If you're a really good/experienced player, I encourage you to take a weaker team, in order to balance out the competition a bit.

Blitz Farm League FAQ

What is the Blitz Farm League?

Well, there are the Blitz "A" (link) and "B" (link) leagues, then there is also the Farm (link) League. "A" and "B" are highly competitive leagues where you draft your players before the season. Farm league is more of a 'for fun' league, using the default team rosters -- however, the big difference is that the "Weight Bug" is fixed in this league's ROM, so heavy guys like Lindros and Bourque are awesom! Farm league gives you the chance to get experience with the weight bug fixed players, meet some people, learn who the better players in the game are, etc.

Statistics are tracked on the website, which is a lot of fun. For example, here are the top scorers from last season: http://www.blitz94.com/playerstats.asp?lg=9 . It's really easy to upload the statistics to the site - you just save the game with the F5 key in the emulator and then upload the file.

Blitz leagues use the "weight bug fix" - this fixes a bug in the original game, so now the heavy guys can check (lindros, neely, lemieux..) instead of the light guys (roenick, fleury, gilmour...). The goalies are also a bit stronger than usual (except Roy and Belfour who were already superhuman).

How to I get into the "A" or "B" leagues?

Promotion to the "A" and "B" leagues happens when someone leaves those leagues, and goes according to the waiting list; however, you must have played some Farm games in order to get promoted to "A"/"B" (so I know you have some dedication, a working connection, etc). (NOTE: If you sign up here, I'll add you to the A/B waiting list thread).

But it looks like i'll never make it to A/B!

If I can get around 12 people in the Farm league all playing a good number of games this season, I will convert Farm into "C" and "D" levels, with a preseason draft, for season 5 (expanding to 16+ teams I hope). Some of the better coaches would be placed in "A" or "B" if their skill level is appropriate.

I'd like back into the Farm league this go around

Chicago

Buffalo

New York Rangers

• 2 weeks later...

Philadelphia Flyers

EDIT: I'll keep the Flyers. Decided to go for it.

Edited by RedWingDevil

For farm league

AIM: cffebs

Calgary

Winnipeg

Detroit

You gotta be quick and decide which team you want. It's first come first served at this point.

For the new guys, remember to input your screen names on AIM so that we can add you.

If you know anyone else who wants to get into a league,now's the best time to tell them about this one!

Since its still short on teams, im wondering when will Farm start since Blitz has begun

Since its still short on teams, im wondering when will Farm start since Blitz has begun

in a day or two

i'll start it up with the current teams, then add more as more come along

• 2 weeks later...

wags and me played few games already, and still wags hasn't been been put on the blitz site yet.

Keep your save states for when Smoz gets the list done proper.