NHL'94 Forums

Running Up the Stats with Hartford

Chozopuffs

Hey Nhl94 Community,

I'm a new poster to this site, and greetings (and Happy Holidays) to you all!!

My intro of sorts would go like this...

I had SNES '94 back in the day, and other then Super Bomber Man 2 (or Secret of Mana on 3 player), this was the game to play when you got together. Sure taking turns at Weaponlord or Mario Kart was fun too, but if everyone wanted to play then NHL 94 usually was the game of choice. Thank you Multi-tap.

Now that was then...

So a bunch of years pass, NHL94 is a fond and distant memory, and then a few years ago I get a job with none other than Mr NHL94 himself, Evan.

I don't recall the circumstances, maybe it was a year or so ago on lunch breaks we started playing the Gens '94 every now and then. I was an SNES purest so while it was neat, you know... eh, I was stubborn. Then last Christmas I got a USB Playstation-y looking controller for my computer... and resiliently I got the Gens Emu... I figured, if I want to have fun playing this game again I have to migrate to where the real competition is... and well, that was it.

The bug got me.

Once more, this game is epic and I find myself harping over it for hours on end...

So that's me. Now onto the topic...

(Apologies for the long post by the way, and I wonder if anyone is still with me?)

I play a lot of different ways. Trying to use Ottawa's worst line to setup tic-tac-toes, or Vancouver to see how many one timers I can inflict upon someone (I think 19-47 was my record)

The most recent fun way to play was this (it was Evans idea, I can't claim it as my own)...

Take Hartford (again, for Gens '94 unedited), put it on Best of 7 Playoffs, and try to run up EVERY STAT IMAGINABLE while also trying to use every player on the roster. Get them all a few shots, a few points... all the goalies too. Do any shot imaginable, no honor system, just crush the computer with no mercy.

Kept records of everything on an excel sheet (should've take screen caps to prove this)... and figured, before I archieve this file for like, forever... I'm curious if anyone else on these boards would have a good time trying to play the same way? I personally, thought is was pretty fun.

So, that's it. An open challenge (of sorts, if that's the right word 'cause it's really just silly and for fun) to anyone who wants to try and compare...

...and has time to kill. And all in good fun.

I'll post my own results in a bit....

To anyone who takes up the gauntlet, Good luck. And nice to be part of your community!

Oh I forgot to mention line changes are off, offsides is off, and Penalties are on. Dang.

Okays, so there's too much data recorded to tell you everything so I'll put up just the highlights.

Round 1 vs Islander, 2 vs New Jersey, 3 vs Boston, 4 vs Chicago (played 16 games total, so no losses)

Total Hartford Goals 188 (average 11.75 per game)

Total Opponent Goals 41 (average 2.56 per game)

Total Hartford Shots 557 (avg. 35 per game)

Total Hartford Checks 1605 (avg. 100 per game)

Total Hartford Onetimers 64 for 239

Best game:

Rd. 2 game 4 Home against New Jersey, 19 to 3. 45 shots, 9 for 27 Onetimers. Yake went 10 for 16 with 16points.

Worst game:

Rd. 3 game 2 against Boston, 8 to 5, couldn't stop Oates from going 5 for 14. Got out-shot, 30 to 28 too.

Top 3 Players:

Terry Yake, 26 goals 44 points, 62 shots (42% Shooting)

Geoff Sandersand, 31 goals 44 points 91 shots (34% Shooting)

Mikael Nylander, 30 goals 43 points, 68 shots (44% Shooting)

Best Goalie

Sean Burke, 125 saves on 136 shots (92%), 2 shutouts, played 7 of 16 games.

Worst Player:

Mark Greig, 1 goal on 2 shots... played him only a few periods, it was a job to get this guy a goal which finally game in the last game against Chicago and was a lose puck bounced off the goalie goal.

Most Penalized:

Tie, Zartan Zalapski and Eric Weinrich 22mins each.

Total Points between all Hartford Players, 367.

Total Save % between all Hartford Goalies, 88%

Avg. Attack Zone 13:29

Avg. Passing 46% (38 for 82 per game by avg.)

Faceoffs won, 327 out of 498 (66%).

160 penalty minutes, 21 powerplay goals on 45 attempts and 77 shots, 31 shorthand goals.

15 for 57 on breakaways and 2 for 5 on penalty shots

(I flubbed my first 2, didn't realize I was going to get one).

AND THAT IS IT. Hooray and thanks!

Edited by Chozopuffs