NHL'94 Forums

Hi

Tickenest

Hi. I'm Tickenest. You may remember me from such online NHL '94 leagues as NHL '94 Classic Leagues I-V, the SNES NHL '94 Juiced League, both Capitalism Leagues, and I'm also the only North American to play in Finnish NHL '94 leagues. I stopped playing about a year and a half ago, but I think I'll start playing again. Hit me up on AIM (I'll be on it more frequently these days) if you're interested.

Also, older guys, I haven't been following developments since I left. Anything I should be aware of since I left?

Hi. I'm Tickenest. You may remember me from such online NHL '94 leagues as NHL '94 Classic Leagues I-V, the SNES NHL '94 Juiced League, both Capitalism Leagues, and I'm also the only North American to play in Finnish NHL '94 leagues. I stopped playing about a year and a half ago, but I think I'll start playing again. Hit me up on AIM (I'll be on it more frequently these days) if you're interested.

Also, older guys, I haven't been following developments since I left. Anything I should be aware of since I left?

I bumped you as only north american playing in finnish leagues.

update: old people like yourself have been replaced with spunky teenagers. Be aware of that. And unlike in Hispanic culture where the old are appreciated and revered, these youth are just waiting to ship us off to the old-folks home with a Coleco to forget about us. Hit me up for a game!

Happy New Years!

Cheers man, and welcome back.

I've improved my grammar while you were gone. (I think)

I guess the biggest change since you took a break...

The nhl94online.com is fully functional again and classic was a hit.

Happy 2010

Hey Tickenest, glad to see you active again.

Yes, Classic league on nhl94online.com is functional again with the regular season going very smooth. Hope you stick around, we love your presence here.

No big developments, but I'm not sure when you went inactive. Smozoma has done some really cool stuff figuring out the weight bug, checking, and assists fixes for the game. Check the editing section for info regarding this and other projects guys are working on.

-Evan

Interesting...who thought Outline View was a good idea??? :P

I'll also note that the full Genesis ZIP package on nhl94online.com is missing the actual gens.exe file.

RR: How was your experience playing in their leagues? I always enjoyed it if only for the cultural aspect, though the ping was a pain.

Yeah, hit me up if you see me online for a game. I might say no, but I might say yes. :lol:

It's been a pretty fun thing, i should get back on the next one.

It's a really different style, the defense is tighter and players usually have more strategy and tend to base theyr game on puck possesion and shoot very few times in a game.

I don't know you, but welcome!

Here's a league that can help you get warmed up for this year. Enter and choose your team while you still can!

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11153

Interesting...though I was never a fan of drafts, so I don't think I'd want to join a league that has one. Thanks for suggesting, though.

It's not really a draft one for the Farm league in Blitz. You could give this one a spin, though, since it's still a ways off for the Classic Spring league.

Interesting...who thought Outline View was a good idea??? :beaten:

I'll also note that the full Genesis ZIP package on nhl94online.com is missing the actual gens.exe file.

The Outline View of the forum should be a user setting that's not set as default.

The full Gens Package on the homepage of nhl94online.com should be fixed now (not sure how that happened).

-Evan

• 10 months later...

A feat replicated by AJ in Blitz league :)http://www.blitz94.com/boxscore.asp?gameid=3160

Not to be outdone, he scored his last 3 goals SH. But alas, Tick, you're comeback was much more impressive as AJ was the favorite ;)

Interesting...though I was never a fan of drafts, so I don't think I'd want to join a league that has one. Thanks for suggesting, though.

your lame !! go back under that rock u crawled out from under!

hehe just kidding ,welcome back another guy to piss me off,and draft lgs rule!!

seriously never understood why you didnt like draft leagues, makes basically zero sense. Its been done and perfected for like 13-15 seasons with GDL and Blitz and 91 combined, so your theory if it being a failure is just fail.

Blitz right now is probably the toughest league with by far the most parity.

Video or AJ's comeback didn't happen. :P

No, it's not that I don't think that a draft league can be successful, it's just that I personally don't enjoy the drafting process i.e. having to do the research and think hard about which players I want to draft. I'd rather just set a lineup and play.