NHL'94 Forums

SNES Graphics

Looks like SNES uses 4bpp+composite for most of its graphics, but how to use Tile Molester otherwise is beyond me. I think I can edit the star into a circle, but other than that, not sure how to edit graphics. Also, I think the logos are compressed. Anyone have any hints or tips?

Palettes are in the SNES thread.

You may have to check out some of the GENS threads for info.(if you haven't already). Other than xstioph, I can't think of anyone that has come as far as you have on the SNES editing side of things. Best of luck bud, I apreciate your work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

anybody try Lunar Compress or the Sniff tool from that link?

I might try this LC/sniff programs out on the ROM in the next day or so. My main motivation graphics-wise is to find the location of the logos (or pointer tables referencing the menu/center ice logos) within the rather than making them editable. I know we have found pointers to player portraits for each team, as well as location of logo and portrait palettes. Assuming some logical organization, shouldn't such a pointer table exist somewhere near that information?