NHL'94 Forums

IIHF League Official Signup

beavers33

Alright, let's get this going. The graphics are finished.

What I'm thinking is that we should change the format to a fixed ratings league. The choose your own ratings system, originally proposed would likely send VC to an early grave if he had to deal with it and it seems like it would take forever to get the league going. Not sure exactly what the ratings will be, yet.

RULES:

1. Period Length - 5 Minutes

2. Penalties - On/No Offsides

3. Line Changes - OFF

4. Overtime - 5 Minutes

5. Points System - Win = 3 pts OT Win = 2 pts OT Loss = 1 pt. Loss = 0 pts.

6. Further rules (number of games, divisions, playoff format) will be decided after all players have signed up.

7. This league will not die. Website will be updated often (almost every day).

The website is up and functional. IIHF 94/10

1. Vocally Caged

2. nats

3. frey

4. iceguy

5. tuba

6. donny

7. habs

8. IQ

9. FPB

10. houlanov

11. beavers

12. bo

...and if there's interest.

13. zalex

14. hokkee

15. ___________

16. ___________

Edited by beavers33

i cant think of one, except beer thing wich wsnt really fixed since it was super garbag rating for everyone

only thing i'd like to see is offsides since 0 league use that

anyways

im in and want FINS

SWITZTERLAND

Edited by Freydey

I'm in for this league too. My teams in order just in case someone tries claiming them.

1. Russia

2. Sweeden

3. USA

4. Czech Republic

5. Slovakia

Dammit, I was epicly in love with the proposed format. Give us a chance to mold our own destinies...ah well, I suppose that would be a s**t-ton of work. And as I said earlier, I will take the Latvians.

the new league logan created is sim league

'Tain't fixed ratings, if I'm not mistaken, but reduced ratings. In fixed, everyone will be rated exactly the same (I believe), while in Logan's he just dropped everyone down a few notches. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Correct, Sim League is not fixed ratings, but reduced. Fixed ratings would be a system where every player at every position would be the exact same rating. This way, it's all down to the coach to play well.

For everyone calling teams that they want, just wanted to let you all know again, that there will be a team draft. This way, everyone has an equal chance to get the teams that they want.

If people aren't into the proposed ratings system, perhaps we can go back to the original idea. My only concern with this would be the time it would take to get the league going.

Do you mean that perhaps you wanted us to send you an example of how we want the positions to be balanced on stats or something? Say I want this for my team:

center(s): high stick handling, passing and movement (Agility and speed) [5-6], decent shot power/accuracy [3-4], low aggresiveness and checking [1-2]

wingers: high shot power/accuracy, aggresiveness and movement [5-6], good passing and stickhandling [4], low checking [1-2]

defensemen: high checking and shot power [5-6] , decent stick handling and passing [3-4], low shot accuracy[1-2]

goalie(s): High glove/stick work and puck control [5-6], decent movement and defensive awareness [3-4], low offensive awareness [1-2]

Think of this as a fascimile.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Do you mean that perhaps you wanted us to send you an example of how we want the positions to be balanced on stats or something? Say I want this for my team:

center(s): high stick handling, passing and movement (Agility and speed) [5-6], decent shot power/accuracy [3-4], low aggresiveness and checking [1-2]

wingers: high shot power/accuracy, aggresiveness and movement [5-6], good passing and stickhandling [4], low checking [1-2]

defensemen: high checking and shot power [5-6] , decent stick handling and passing [3-4], low shot accuracy[1-2]

goalie(s): High glove/stick work and puck control [5-6], decent movement and defensive awareness [3-4], low offensive awareness [1-2]

Think of this as a fascimile.

yes, that's kind of what we'd look for if we were to pick our own ratings...like said in the first thread, it would be based on a total amount of attribute points, which is obviously, still TBD.

Guys, we've got 11 so far, if nats is in...we only need one more to start a season. Come on and get in on the action.

Looks like so far we've got great competition, lots of vets, so this should work.

ehh throw me in there i guess... gimmie the fins