NHL'94 Forums

Master of 94 - SNES Classic league Fall 09 Champion!

halifax

Congrats to Master of 94 in defeating Bobkudelski26 in 7 games in the classic league final.

SNES seems to have a odd relationship of low rated teams winning championships...The highest rated team to win was JeffBC with vancouver (71).

other previous champions

jotaC (EDM)

jotaC (STL)

dangler (STL)

schwartz (HAR)

and our latest champion masterof94 (PHI)

Congrats to the Master. Well played. That was probably the best/toughest series I've ever played in... He won game 6 in OT and game 7 in double OT.

I was pretty damn pissed to have lost because this was my big chance to win something significant. I have been having nitemares of Lindros barging his way into the net and scoring with my Red Wing defenders helplessly hanging off his back.

But considering I made the playoffs by 1 point, and took out the top 2 teams in the West, I am still happy and I can't wait for the next Classic Season to get started.

I miss all the fun days of dangling in NHL 94. I haven't played a game in months, kinda fell off the face of the planet. The majority of my playing was during my year off after graduating from University. Then I got a new job, combined with my computer crashing and I never really got back into it. I would like to get back into it down the road tho if I ever find the time. I do miss the tremendous competition in this community, sure beats the computer AI! Hope to see you all in the future. Congrats to Master and Bob Kudelski as well!

Dangler, you probably shouldn't come back. You should focus on your job ... plus you don't want to put too much strain on your computer.

just kidding of course. you're really good at this game and would likely beat me several times, but it would be cool if we had more snes guys.

I would like to thank everyone that played in the SNES Fall Classic season. I also like to thank Evan, Halifax, and Chaos.

Yes, the finals was insane. One of the best, if not the best series I've played in. This is something that was supposed to happen a long time ago. Remember, we had a finals to play, dangler. For those who cant wait for the forum log to update here are the scores:

Game1: Philadelphia (Home) 4-6 Detroit

Game2: Philadelphia (Home) 11-0 Detroit

Game3: Detroit (Home) 6-9 Philadelphia

Game4: Detroit (Home) 5-4 Philadelphia

Game5: Philadelphia (Home) 3-4 Detroit

Game6: Philadelphia (Home) 6-5 OT Detroit

Game7: Detroit (Home) 5-6 2OT Philadelphia

Edited by principalities

Game1: Philadelphia (Home) 4-6 Detroit

Game2: Philadelphia (Home) 11-0 Detroit

Game3: Detroit (Home) 6-9 Philadelphia

Game4: Detroit (Home) 5-4 Philadelphia

Game5: Philadelphia (Home) 3-4 Detroit

Game6: Philadelphia (Home) 6-5 OT Detroit

Game7: Detroit (Home) 5-6 2OT Philadelphia

Confirmed

That's an absolutely epic ending to the season and kudos to both of you for some outstanding play. I'll give special props to bob for coming out of left field and handing my ass to me with style.

Can't wait for the competition next season and a possible return by the elusive danger. Based on the strange trend that halifax pointed out, I think I can hear HFD calling out to me again :D

Edited by schwartz

• 1 month later...