NHL'94 Forums

Clarification in regards to Banner editing

Hey guys.

I had a quick question in regards to the pause screen banners for each team.

I have created a new team, which is primarily purple. The logo, select team screen banners and jerseys are fine, with everything showing up in the appropriate colours. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the palette colours on the pause screen banners to allow it to be purple.

I've been using wboys image tutorials since I began modding, and the image for in-game banners only tells me that I shouldn't edit the palette colours because they are referenced throughout the ROM, including the rink palette.

I thought it would be the same process as it was for recolouring the logos for each team, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Despite several attempts changing palette colours, changing the bitmap colours, and exhausting anything I knew would work, I have had no success in applying purple to the in game banner palette for my new team.

I've also read through the threads pertaining to this matter, but it seems I cannot find any success.

Any insight is appreciated !

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tantrix

as far as i know, you just won't be able to do it. like wboy said, if you edit one of those colors, that color will be changed wherever that palette is used in the game. if you change the orange, the guy wearing the orange sweater in the stands will have a different color sweater, etc... sorry man, i think you're SOL, just like myself and many others.