NHL'94 Forums

I don't know why I try to play Blitz

Guest Wags13

Something about this league brings out the worst in me. I lose to bums I should never lose to, it makes me unreasonably angry, and lessens my nhl94 experience.. guess I just have to fight my way through it..but right now I am embarrassed.

Something about this league brings out the worst in me. I lose to bums I should never lose to, it makes me unreasonably angry, and lessens my nhl94 experience.. guess I just have to fight my way through it..but right now I am embarrassed.

is this why you quit?

and sometimes some people are just better with the weight fix and others are worse with it

Dude, you're not the only guy who gets down in the dumps. Guys catch up to us and we have to work our way up in order to be beter playes. I throw hissy fits too, but eventually it passes and I get back in business. That dark cloud over your head will pass too if you work it.

Not sure what it is.. but something about Blitz makes my game get out of whack.. I took 3 out of 4 from nasinater last night who is by FAR a better player than IceGuy..no offense to either person.. but I lost 3 out of 4 to him.. i just gotta get better mentally for this league because a small part of me really enjoys it.

Not sure what it is.. but something about Blitz makes my game get out of whack.. I took 3 out of 4 from nasinater last night who is by FAR a better player than IceGuy..no offense to either person.. but I lost 3 out of 4 to him.. i just gotta get better mentally for this league because a small part of me really enjoys it.

125297956257.png

Well, as shown by smoz's opinions and feedback in AJ's section, the bigger guys are a lot better, no longer cumbersome and useless that warrants getting them benched like in the Classic and GDL leagues. It takes a bit of work, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. Just get a feel with the teams that have the heavy guys, it's a different dimension in there.

For some people, the weight bug fix / blitz goes against their usual strategy, so they need to figure out new ways to use the different player types.

You can't really use a Roenick/Yzerman/Bure to plow through everyone and deke out the goalie, and also crush everyone on defense. if you put a huge heavy guy in their place, they usually aren't fast enough to keep your offense up if you play exactly the same as with the weight bug.

You need strong defensemen in blitz, and you need to take control of them and dish out checks, rather than using light-weight forwards to chase guys down. This could be a problem on a team like DET where they don't really have particularly tough D that can take down the new power forwards (Neely, Lemieux, Sandstrom, Turgeon..). However, if you have one of those power forwards, they can be great help on defense if they have a high Checking rating (Neely, Tikkanen..).

On offense, you either need to win with passing and speedy breakouts (so you can't get checked by their D..), or by playing a bit slower and setting up centremen one-timers and winger tap-ins (or walkacrosses if you're boring)..

Also there are some new 'diamonds in the rough' in blitz in guys like Probert and Otto, who can add a bit of muscle if you're getting pushed around...

With DET, you probably want to increase your passing to complete about 25 completed passes per game, to cut through their defense and generate breakaways or onetimers before their D clog up the slot.

Edited by smozoma

hahaha i'm pretty sure thats the real reason why you left http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=10866

Well wags if you are using Daytwah in blitz, it is quite a challenge, so no worries. I'd probably put Dino at LW, King Fed at C, and Yzer at RW. Of course you gotta have Hot Coffey in the game, but not sure about the other defenseman, my experience is far too limited in weight adjusted roms.

Federov becomes the most attractive scoring option at a 7 weight. In my ultra(and I did say ultra!) limited experience in this weight bug rom, if your player has less than a 7 weight, utilizing that forward in a congested lane becomes quite difficult. Since I don't have the patience for a plethora of passing, and I love to deke and slash and confuse a manual goalie with numerous shot angles, I need a guy like Fed/Klima/Gartner at 7 weight or higher to be that one on one scoring machine. In blitz, Ciccarrelli(5 weight) becomes Checkarelli and so does Yzer(at 6 weight) if they are anywhere near a crowd. With this being said, Dino and Yzer are still effective weapons in this rom b/c their skill set is off the charts, but they have a disdain for physical contact. However their speed and agility can help avoid a few checks to give them some high percentage scoring opportunities. King Fed is the man...and his relatively high awareness makes him a pretty decent option for one timing action.

Edited by flasox24

Well wags if you are using Daytwah in blitz, it is quite a challenge, so no worries. I'd probably put Dino at LW, King Fed at C, and Yzer at RW. Of course you gotta have Hot Coffey in the game, but not sure about the other defenseman, my experience is far too limited in weight adjusted roms.

Federov becomes the most attractive scoring option at a 7 weight. In my ultra(and I did say ultra!) limited experience in this weight bug rom, if your player has less than a 7 weight, utilizing that forward in a congested lane becomes quite difficult. Since I don't have the patience for a plethora of passing, and I love to deke and slash and confuse a manual goalie with numerous shot angles, I need a guy like Fed/Klima/Gartner at 7 weight or higher to be that one on one scoring machine. In blitz, Ciccarrelli(5 weight) becomes Checkarelli and so does Yzer(at 6 weight) if they are anywhere near a crowd. With this being said, Dino and Yzer are still effective weapons in this rom b/c their skill set is off the charts, but they have a disdain for physical contact. However their speed and agility can help avoid a few checks to give them some high percentage scoring opportunities. King Fed is the man...and his relatively high awareness makes him a pretty decent option for one timing action.

Personally, I don't think Fedorov has what it takes to play C. 7 weight over 5 and 6 is not much of a difference (most D are 9+ so will still kill him), his shot is the weakest of the 3, and he's slower than than yzerman and not as quick as cicc (lower weight = quicker acceleration and better turning).

I'd put Yzerman at C for speed and his 6 Offensive Awareness (he's really good at taking off for a breakaway pass from the goalie after a save) and a powerful and accurate one-timer. Fedorov and Cicc can then go on their off-wings to hammer slapshots in, or to sit by the post for tap-in one-timers. Fed has 5 passing, but I think Cicc's lower weight will make him a more elusive puck carrier who can gain the zone, avoid defenders, and pass to yzerman for a onetimer.

The only reason I see to put Fedorov at C would be his 3 in checking. He can knock down some of your lighter opponents weighing up to 7 (whereas yzerman and cicc both can't hit anyone consistently unless they weigh 5 or less)

Every Career has to come to an end. At 36 years old, there might not be much left in the tank. Maybe its time to hang up the skates and time to start playing curling ?

Just kidding.

You should try darts.

Every Career has to come to an end. At 36 years old, there might not be much left in the tank. Maybe its time to hang up the skates and time to start playing curling ?

Just kidding.

You should try darts.

That's good stuff! hahahaha

Regarding the line adjustments, I agree with Smoz.. I've adjusted my play to be more of a poke checker in the neutral zone, getting more odd man breaks, etc. and that seems to be working..i'm on a warm streak now after a rough start.. the other D is Steve Chiasson, who is great checker and I do use to pound the opponent when in control of #3..