Bob Mckenzie an NHL coach?

shaftman

Bob Mckenzie  

11 members have voted

1. 1. NHL coach?

• I'd hire him!
    • what are you nuts..
    • Who's Bob Mckenzie?

I don't agree with the logic the NHL has of ex nhl players being coaches and GM's.

Frankly, most of them don't know what they are doing.

Here you have Bob Mckenzie. A sports analyst who dedicated his life to watching, living, breathing, eating hockey.

He knows the sport inside out and better then any one else I've seen. I don't think I've ever seen him be wrong on something.

I believe all the insight hes gathered from all his years of analyzing the game would make him a great NHL coach.

Agree, disagree?

but the theme doesnt apply for other anylists

for example pierre migure... does he ever say anything right?

Sadly, Pierre McGuire used to be an NHL coach, and the blowhard actually won a cup with the Penguins as an assistant. He also used to rock a BRUTAL combover, but that's another story.

Edited by Louie14

theres just too much crazy talk these days.....why shaftman....whhhhhyyyyyy???? :rolleyes:

I did an internship at TSN and worked on a show called 'That's Hockey' for a couple of months....I remember seeing Bob wear his a jacket and tie(which you see on tv)....and jeans and sneakers (which you don't see on tv)...in person, he looked ridiculous.

Maybe, he's usually the most rational on that panel of usually extra bad GM's/Coaches/Idiots.

I just love when Milbury comments any of the GM's moves, especially when it's the negative way.

On the other hand, Mguire is a complete retard who thinks all the Juniors could play the tough minutes in the NHL.

theres just too much crazy talk these days.....why shaftman....whhhhhyyyyyy???? :rolleyes:

The vote is currently tied...I can't be that insane hehe.

And wow, you worked for TSN? your a celebrity to me now, what did you do?

So far People are saying Pierre Mguire is an idiot compared to Bob Mckenzie...and he was an assistant coach!

And wow, you worked for TSN? thats insane man.

I did an internship...so unpaid work.

I also got to spend some time in the sportscentre newsroom as well which was cool.

The vote is currently tied...I can't be that insane hehe.

And wow, you worked for TSN? your a celebrity to me now, what did you do?

So far People are saying Pierre Mguire is an idiot compared to Bob Mckenzie...and he was an assistant coach!

Mike Milbury was an NHL GM, he's still a dumbass.

bob mackenzie is not a good choice for a coach. He's a stat guy, rumour guy, and a boring TSN analyst.. he could put you to sleep with his monotone dribble. He is very hockey smart, but not in a coach-like way. Pierre was an assistant, is a great colour guy, and would make a far superior NHL head coach. Former players also are much better suited to be coaches. They've been around NHL coaches their whole career. Lot's of experience just watching other coaches, their styles, their tricks, etc. Closest Bob Mackenzie comes to seeing coaches in action is in the locker room after the game trying to get an interview or a scoop.

bob mackenzie is not a good choice for a coach. He's a stat guy, rumour guy, and a boring TSN analyst.. he could put you to sleep with his monotone dribble. He is very hockey smart, but not in a coach-like way. Pierre was an assistant, is a great colour guy, and would make a far superior NHL head coach. Former players also are much better suited to be coaches. They've been around NHL coaches their whole career. Lot's of experience just watching other coaches, their styles, their tricks, etc. Closest Bob Mackenzie comes to seeing coaches in action is in the locker room after the game trying to get an interview or a scoop.

Yes, because going with stats is such a bad idea.

Going with guts (Playing Grinders 20 minutes when you'r pissed) Is much much better.

I like this answer.

Hear this:

You mention that hockey players are best suited because they've been around other coaches they whole career. And their coaches, same thing. An endless cycle so to speak of some of the best, and worst hockey strategies and tips and tricks handed over time.

but it all started somewhere, from one guy, or several at one time.

From someone who didn't have a prior coach to look at. Some one with the knack for hockey.

I think Bob Mckenzie would be a natural.

Scotty Boweman

Did not play professional hockey.

Find me someone that didn't either start coaching in juniors, minors or some other professional league....or played professional hockey that was hired on as a coach in the NHL.

Find me someone that didn't either start coaching in juniors, minors or some other professional league.

I didn't say anything about that.

Id put him on my AHL team. Start him off as an assistant or something, before the NHL :P

I didn't say anything about that.

Id put him on my AHL team. Start him off as an assistant or something, before the NHL :P

Time to start a new thread then..."Bob McKenzie...Assistant AHL coach?" :P

:dal_skater_hand_grab: :dal_skater_hand_grab: :what::dal_skater_hand_grab: :dal_skater_hand_grab:

5 for 4?

wow :P

i would hesitate to hire him as a peewee coach