NHL'94 Forums

Super Nintendo WHA - Season 1

halifax

Welcome to the Super Nintendo World Hockey Association.

If you’re unfamiliar with the World Hockey Association, it was a professional hockey league that competed against the NHL during the 1970s, that enticed some NHL superstars to switch leagues for big money. Bobby Hull signed the first million dollar contract with the WHA's Winnipeg Jets.

About the League

The league will consist of 4 divisions of 7 teams. Each team will play a 20 game schedule against their division. The top four teams in each division make the playoffs. Playoffs will be a best of 7 format.

A coach will be responsible for 2 or 3 teams from separate divisions (so you'll play 40 to 60 regular season games).

Something Different

What happens if a coach has teams that will play each other in the conference final or AVCO cup final?

1. Coach 'A' will then have to select the team he wishes to use for that series.

2. He will then select a Coach from the division that the other team has come from to play as that team. Coach 'B' has then officially taken over that team.

3. Coach A can have as many home games as he wants for that series.

Example:

Coach A has Quebec and Winnipeg who meet in the AVCO cup finals. He elects to use Winnipeg for the cup finals. He then picks another coach from the division that Quebec came from to play against him in the finals (can be any one of the other 6 coaches from that division). Coach B has officially taken over Quebec. They play a best of 7 series in which Coach A has as many home games as he chooses.

League selection process

Once the beta rom is complete, I’ll release it for about 10 days. That trial period will allow coaches to play some exhibition games. I’d encourage you to use as many different teams as possible.

After those 10 days or so, I’ll select 4 or 5 guys and then those guys will select the remaining coaches to play in the league by vote. The league will consist of minimum 10 coaches and maximum of 12. This will depend on those initial coaches and how many they want to have in their league.

Here’s the criteria on which the league will be picked in no particular order.

-Playing as much as possible during the trial period

-History of Communicating availability/Frequently online for games.

-Good sportsmanship

-Played in previous leagues

My goal is to have a league where I can reduce the amount of guys I have to replace, less complaints I receive about people not being around which should keep it fun for everyone involved.

I think with this format that if a replacement is required, I have the option of selecting guys from the league to take over teams or selecting someone from outside the league as well. This should expedite the process of replacements. (Hopefully replacements will not be needed.)

Please provide your aim screename when signing up (even if you played in previous leagues).

By the time the rom is ready, there should be enough guys listed here to start playing some games.

Thanks!

1. NHL94shaftman

2. Iceguy94

3. thetoxic82

4. bobkudelski26

5. flamingpavelbure

6. pondhcky1

7.nhltrippin

8.shakazuzu - ??

9.dcicon5148

So, we're gonna use teams that were once part of the WHA? Sounds like an AFL-NFL struggle way back in those days.

I'm down for it. :lol:

Welcome fellas!

Got some guys from the last fall league, a couple legends from the past (NHLtrippin and shakazuzu)...and a gens player(dcicon5148) to get his first taste of SNES!

i'd love to get in on this, but i need to figure out why snes locks my computer up every time i try to play.

I have the same problem too. I don't want that to interfiere with league play.

i'd love to get in on this, but i need to figure out why snes locks my computer up every time i try to play.

when you say locks...what happens?..it freezes? are you using the exact same rom your opponent is using? are the roms spelled exactly the same way? Provide some more details of the process you go through from start right up to when it locks...then hopefully I can or someone else can provide the answer.

when you say locks...what happens?..it freezes? are you using the exact same rom your opponent is using? are the roms spelled exactly the same way? Provide some more details of the process you go through from start right up to when it locks...then hopefully I can or someone else can provide the answer.

It happens in single player let alone mulitplayer...I've tried to figure it out with no luck.

beavers your supposed to send me your comp specs.

Im going to look for an answer on the ZNSES forums.

Chaos didn't have time to finish the site last night but figures he can get it finished tonight. Hopefully we can get this started tomorrow. I'll post some info tonight on a few other small rules for the league.

Any chance I can get in on this? I am utterly available to play all the games in the schedule. Let me know either way.

peace

Hey bud,

The league has already started...however just like any league that we've had online...there's always a turnover of coaches. You're the second person that has inquired about the league so far so I'll create a waiting list thread and put your name on it.

• 2 months later...
will do, thanks man. any rough estimate when it'll start?

Hey bud,

I haven't set a time for another start to the league but it won't be for several months. If I do run another season...I'll probably wait until december while the fall classic season is finishing up.