NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 04 - A/B Deadlines

smozoma

Let's start wrapping up this season! These checkpoints aren't too aggressive, so I hope everyone will meet them all.

34 games - February 22nd - March 1st

40 games - March 1st - March 8th

44 games - March 8th - March 15th

The deadlines/checkpoints are on Mondays, so you have the weekends to play and also Monday evening.

Draft position penalties will be applied for missing the 34 and 40 game deadlines (because if you don't make those deadlines, you're probably holding up other coaches).

Not completing the 44 game schedule by March 8th at midnight EST (ie 12:00 AM on the 9th, Tuesday) will incur penalties for both the draft and the playoffs.

Penalties are based on a ratio of your DNPs and your opponent's DNPs. if you have an equal number of DNPs, you both get 1 penalty point (for 2 pts total). If you have twice as many DNPs, you get twice as big a share of the total penalty, so it's split 1.333-0.667.

Making the playoffs will be dependent on Points minus penalties. However, playoff seeding will be based on points, since though it would punish the slacker if I lowered his seeding, it would also punish his opponent who would have to play a tougher coach.

EDIT: full season deadlines added

Edited by smozoma

As much as I hate to, I'm gonna have to back out of Blitz.

Two jobs and school just don't allow me the time to play my league games.

Thanks for running a great league, smo-maybe I will have the time to re-join in a future season.

Jrod

bump

let's get a move on guys : )

Who's still behind?

"A"

OTT jesusplaysnhl94 0

DAL smozoma 19

PIT dcicon5148 19

DET Icestorm NHL94 22

FLA canadiensfan66 22

"B"

CGY Rage93 16

VAN gihtarman 16

QUE vinniersmith 22

L.A rynweinmeyer 23

Thanks to PHI snoboarder3211 for getting to the 24-game mark.

Let's keep up the progress made the past few days : )

Evan set up a Schedule a Game subforum for me, so please use it if you think it'll help people find you for games

"A"

OTT jesusplaysnhl94 0+4=4

PIT dcicon5148 19+4=23

DET Icestorm NHL94 22+0=22

"B"

CGY Rage93 16+4=20

VAN gihtarman 16+4=20

Reached 24:

DAL smozoma 19+6=25

FLA canadiensfan66 22+4=26

QUE vinniersmith 22+7=29

L.A rynweinmeyer 23+8=31

Edited by smozoma

Let's start wrapping up this season! These checkpoints aren't too aggressive, so I hope everyone will meet them all.

34 games - February 22nd

40 games - March 1st

44 games - March 8th

The deadlines/checkpoints are on Mondays, so you have the weekends to play and also Monday evening.

Draft position penalties will be applied for missing the 34 and 40 game deadlines (because if you don't make those deadlines, you're probably holding up other coaches).

Not completing the 44 game schedule by March 8th at midnight EST (ie 12:00 AM on the 9th, Tuesday) will incur penalties for both the draft and the playoffs.

Penalties are based on a ratio of your DNPs and your opponent's DNPs. if you have an equal number of DNPs, you both get 1 penalty point (for 2 pts total). If you have twice as many DNPs, you get twice as big a share of the total penalty, so it's split 1.333-0.667.

Making the playoffs will be dependent on Points minus penalties. However, playoff seeding will be based on points, since though it would punish the slacker if I lowered his seeding, it would also punish his opponent who would have to play a tougher coach.

I'm almost through with my season, but the timing with mcbarthur hasn't been good. I'll see if I can finish it in the weekend.

These guys are still under the 34-game checkpoint on the 22nd.

Don't forget that draft position penalties will apply!

snoboarder3211 30

jesusplaysnhl94 16

Turd Ferguson988 32

rynweinmeyer 31

mcarthurbsu33 26

Rage93 25

gihtarman 24

These guys are still under the 34-game checkpoint on the 22nd.

UPDATE: I'm going to push all the deadlines back a week. I didn't consider the Olympics when I made them.

"A"

jesusplaysnhl94 16 + 8 = 24

"B"

Turd Ferguson988 32 + 1 = 33

Rage93 25 + 7 = 32

rynweinmeyer 31 + 0 = 31

gihtarman 24 + 6 = 30

mcarthurbsu33 26 + 3 = 29

Edited by smozoma

These guys are still under the 34-game checkpoint on March 1st.

"A"

jesusplaysnhl94 24

"B"

rynweinmeyer 31

Thanks Turd Ferguson988, Rage93, gihtarman, and mcarthurbsu33 for making the checkpoint.

Use the Schedule a Game subforum or PM people to set up games

Keep 'em coming!

Next monday, the 8th, is the 40-game checkpoint.

"A"

34 - snoboarder3211

34 - jesusplaysnhl94

"B"

31 - rynweinmeyer

34 - Turd Ferguson988

38 - Rage93

38 - gihtarman

I've left several messages to get jesus to leave a notice.

Jackshit for now.

Do i get FF's ?

There's 13 days left in the reg season. Try approaching things in a gentler fashion. Post your availability on the forums where smo asked them to be posted.

Jesus has played 34 games so far after being way behind.

There's 13 days left in the reg season. Try approaching things in a gentler fashion. Post your availability on the forums where smo asked them to be posted.

Jesus has played 34 games so far after being way behind.

I left like 210405342 messages.

It's not because i post it in this ''special section'' that i think he will reply. And no i don't want to not be able to buy myself a 5th place.

I left like 210405342 messages.

It's not because i post it in this ''special section'' that i think he will reply. And no i don't want to not be able to buy myself a 5th place.

:)

Slackers are slacking hard in B

Houlanov, Zalex, me, Vinnie and MeatSkid have all completed the schedule while beavers33, Donnybrook, nationals1, chaos and Shaftman are pretty close to wrap up their games. The only ones in danger are Turd Ferguson and Rynweinmeyer. They can lose positions if they don't finish their games by the time the last checkpoint is passed.

What's bad about it is that if he wins all his games he can take the no.1 seed off of Carse's hands on virtue of having better record and fewer losses. There are still a few guys he can get to, so now's a good time as any to get the top seed.

What's bad about it is that if he wins all his games he can take the no.1 seed off of Carse's hands on virtue of having better record and fewer losses. There are still a few guys he can get to, so now's a good time as any to get the top seed.

also it prevents his remaining opponents from getting a chance to move up in the standings: on the off-chance that FPB were to take 7 out of 8 points against jesusplays, he'd move up to 5th from 6th and not have to play the defending champ.

jesusplays could lose a bunch of games and end up in 3rd, too. That would mean Freydey would move up and he could play me in the playoffs instead of FPB.