NHL'94 Forums

Real NHL 1994 ROM?

corky

I remember that someday I found ROM something called "Real NHL94" or something. There was real lineups for every team(specially for the New ones) and no double players like Bawa and Vanbiesbrouck. So was it like with the NHL95 rosters?

Was it for GENS? cant find it anywhere?

Nope. I mean that the game is still NHL94 Gens, but the rosters are fixed as they really were in 1994. For Example no John Vanbiesbrouck in both NYR and FLO.

Edited by corky

Nope. I mean that the game is still NHL94 Gens, but the rosters are fixed as they really were in 1994. For Example no John Vanbiesbrouck in both NYR and FLO.

I believe TruePensFan was in the process of completing the rom you're looking for, but he's been AWOL and MIA since the past summer and I haven't heard anything from him. Fearing the worst, I don't think we'll be able to see the rom unless someone steps up and starts from scratch.

I believe TruePensFan was in the process of completing the rom you're looking for, but he's been AWOL and MIA since the past summer and I haven't heard anything from him. Fearing the worst, I don't think we'll be able to see the rom unless someone steps up and starts from scratch.

Thanks for the info.

The SNES version, for the most part, does have the correct rosters. Some of the teams actually have 1 goalie without the 2nd string one and the players that are in the expansion teams aren't repeated in the teams the originally belonged to.

To update on this project: it is still an ongoing project at this time. In fact, I recently started over from scratch. Back in the summer, it was almost completed, only to lose all files to a computer problem. This time, the files are backed up (Thank God for Memorex CD-RW discs).

To accelerate the process, I made sure to have a few players on each team inserted into the game already (the obvious ones like Lemieux, Gretzky, Lindros, Fedorov, etc.). The test games have been fun so far, to say the least. Lindros is running over people with his merciless checking, and he's scoring goals. Lindros and Cam Neely are the best power forwards you'll find in this game. You won't deke out too many people with Lindros, but he has a heavy shot and bone-crushing hits. Lemieux, Gretzky, Fedorov, and Bure are obviously some of the most skilled players in the game. Buffalo's 1-2 punch in goal is amazing with Hasek and Fuhr.

The goalies will have a more deserving OVR rating than the lowly numbers NHL '94 originally gave them, as speed is now part of the OVR formula for goalies (thanks to Smoz for this one).

I look forward to releasing this sometime in the spring. I believe you will enjoy playing it.

Just remember to keep backup data in store. We wouldn't want any more accidents to happen. :lol:

Sign me up if you need testers; I'm willing to try it. I could also make a league sometime with it and have it on the Classic leagues as well, given the chance.