NHL'94 Forums

Tv schedule - olympic mens hockey

halifax

If anyone stumbles across a tv schedule for men's hockey...please post the link here.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hocke...hedule-results/

Here's the Hockey Schedule which I'm sure you could have found on your own. But as far as the broadcast schedule CTV has complete coverage. The majority of their broadcast will be on the CTV Television Network with supplementary programming on TSN and Rogers Sportsnet so I think there should be a good opportunity to catch any of these games of interest.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hocke...hedule-results/

Here's the Hockey Schedule which I'm sure you could have found on your own. But as far as the broadcast schedule CTV has complete coverage. The majority of their broadcast will be on the CTV Television Network with supplementary programming on TSN and Rogers Sportsnet so I think there should be a good opportunity to catch any of these games of interest.

Yeah, I'm hoping they show all of the hockey games and not just the Canada games and a select few of others. I'm thinking ctv will have the canada games and hoping sportsnet, tsn and tsn2 will carry the others. But I'm sure we will find out soon enough. Thanks bud.

ps. let me know if you decide to come back for online play. I'm running a league that should start today(once the sked is up)....and there's bound to be a replacement opportunity at some point.

Finally found something. I believe all Canada games will be on CTV...and the rest will be streamed on either tsn.ca or sportsnet.ca

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2010/02/...nd-tv-schedule/

Finally found something. I believe all Canada games will be on CTV...and the rest will be streamed on either tsn.ca or sportsnet.ca

Haha the games are at 4:30pm Pacific. Just when you thought Western Canada couldn't hate the East more...

Another important question: Is Pierre McGuire going to be running his mouth on NBC or Canadian channels too (or, in the worst-case scenario that showed up last year in the playoffs, both networks)?

P.S. is anyone going to play, or has anyone already played, the Pierre McGuire drinking game?

Haha the games are at 4:30pm Pacific. Just when you thought Western Canada couldn't hate the East more...

What does that mean?

I'm really interested, go on...
What does that mean?

The game starts at 4:30 - when many people are still at work, commuting etc. - to accomodate Easterners.

What does that mean?

This was forwarded to me about a week ago, and is pretty hilarious if you have to suffer through him often.

DRINK ONE IF PIERRE MENTIONS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

* Dion Phaneuf

* Mike Richards

* Carey Price

* Jonathen Toews

* Monster

* Whaaamo!

* El-Kabong

* Real Deal

* Puck Poise

* Big Body Presence

* Active Stick

* Calls a Player "Special" or "a fine young man"

* Wow!

* Tenacity

DRINK TWO IF PIERRE:

* Giggles at any point during the game

* Pronounces a European club team using the European Pronunciation

* Mentions people he met in Europe

* Says "Team 'X' scouting staff did a great job finding this player"

* Says something extremely gay (EX. Big Stick...SHOWERS....player with shirt off)

* Goes nuts when a team has too many men

* WJC host city is "beautiful" or "filled with great people"

* If a stick breaks and Pierre rambles on about one-piece sticks

* Says “welcome to the __player name__ show!” (Ex. Welcome to the Crosby Show)

* Cuts off Gord Miller (Ex. WJC 2009 - Eberle ties the game)

* If Pierre says "time and space"

* If Pierre goes on about a players junior career

* If Pierre says "it’s hammer time"

* Says "sheer larceny"

HAVE 3 GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Mentions a Staal brother who isn't playing

* Mentions a Sutter brother who isn't involved in the game

* Says the game is a “classic”

* Says "Team X should be so exicted about havng this guy. He is gonna be great for them down the road.”

* If Pierre says "Roof Daddy"

* If Pierre goes "That’s a Double-Dion"

* Pierre uses his famous line "He suckin' dirty pond water"

* "x" player is oozing with hockey sense."

* Drink if Pierre uses 3 or more adjectives consecutively to describe a player or a team... e.g: "Size, athleticism, composure etc..." - extra drinks if he uses terms such as "big body presence" that are already on the chart as said adjectives.

CHUG A BEER IF PIERRE:

* Has an Orgasm at the mic (Ex. Dustin Tokarski save WJC 2009)

* If Pierre ruins the moment/butchers the call (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game with 5.5 seconds left.... Gord Miller: Can you believe it? Pierre: I can!

* Says "That’s vintage X" (Ex. Thats Vintage Jake Allen)"

The game starts at 4:30 - when many people are still at work, commuting etc. - to accomodate Easterners.

Well I think they are trying to accommodate all of Canada. If you live in the maritimes, the game isn't on until 8:30pm(9pm for nfld). If they started the games any later, it gets tougher for young hockey fans who want to stay up late to watch the game when they have school the next day. I think 4:30pm is the best time they could've picked.

There will be people at work in the pacific time zone, but I'm sure any hockey fan can skip out an hour or two early to watch a couple Canada games. The big round robin game against the US is on a sunday anyways.

This was forwarded to me about a week ago, and is pretty hilarious if you have to suffer through him often.

DRINK ONE IF PIERRE MENTIONS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

* Dion Phaneuf

* Mike Richards

* Carey Price

* Jonathen Toews

* Monster

* Whaaamo!

* El-Kabong

* Real Deal

* Puck Poise

* Big Body Presence

* Active Stick

* Calls a Player "Special" or "a fine young man"

* Wow!

* Tenacity

DRINK TWO IF PIERRE:

* Giggles at any point during the game

* Pronounces a European club team using the European Pronunciation

* Mentions people he met in Europe

* Says "Team 'X' scouting staff did a great job finding this player"

* Says something extremely gay (EX. Big Stick...SHOWERS....player with shirt off)

* Goes nuts when a team has too many men

* WJC host city is "beautiful" or "filled with great people"

* If a stick breaks and Pierre rambles on about one-piece sticks

* Says “welcome to the __player name__ show!” (Ex. Welcome to the Crosby Show)

* Cuts off Gord Miller (Ex. WJC 2009 - Eberle ties the game)

* If Pierre says "time and space"

* If Pierre goes on about a players junior career

* If Pierre says "it’s hammer time"

* Says "sheer larceny"

HAVE 3 GULPS OF YOUR DRINK IF PIERRE:

* Mentions a Staal brother who isn't playing

* Mentions a Sutter brother who isn't involved in the game

* Says the game is a “classic”

* Says "Team X should be so exicted about havng this guy. He is gonna be great for them down the road.”

* If Pierre says "Roof Daddy"

* If Pierre goes "That’s a Double-Dion"

* Pierre uses his famous line "He suckin' dirty pond water"

* "x" player is oozing with hockey sense."

* Drink if Pierre uses 3 or more adjectives consecutively to describe a player or a team... e.g: "Size, athleticism, composure etc..." - extra drinks if he uses terms such as "big body presence" that are already on the chart as said adjectives.

CHUG A BEER IF PIERRE:

* Has an Orgasm at the mic (Ex. Dustin Tokarski save WJC 2009)

* If Pierre ruins the moment/butchers the call (Ex. WJC 2009 Eberle ties the game with 5.5 seconds left.... Gord Miller: Can you believe it? Pierre: I can!

* Says "That’s vintage X" (Ex. Thats Vintage Jake Allen)"

this could be the best game of all time!

I cant stand pierre ughhh

I came back here to post a tv schedule I found but it looks like you already found one. Every game is live on TV! This is going to be unbelievable, can't wait!

And that Pierre McGuire game sounds great! Haha, I think it could be trimmed down though. A little too much information to go through, I think you'd spend too much time drinking and trying to figure out if you should be drinking then actually watching any hockey.

Edited by dangler

Hugh Mcguire.

Drink all you have if he says

''X player's magical play'' (Refering to the 2009 WJC) When he did jackshit on the play, and isn't the hero at all.

Who's Hugh McGuire? ;)

so why are you mentioning him

pretty random

anyway.

early games are pretty weak but here are some to look forward to;

Day #6, Wednesday 2/17:

9:30pm, Czech Republic-Slovakia. S-Net (prediction 5-3 czech)

Day #7, Thursday 2/18:

4:30pm, Canada-Switzerland. CTV. (prediction 5-1 canada)

9:00pm, Russia-Slovakia TSN (prediction 6-3 russia)

and then of course three epic rivalries all on one day (drools....)

Day #10, Sunday 2/21:

12:00pm, Czech Republic-Russia. TSN (prediction 5-4 czech)

4:30pm, Canada-United States. CTV. (prediction 5-4 canada)

9:00pm, Finland-Sweden. CTV (prediction 3-2 finland)

for you americans heres your tv schedule

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/va...tv-schedule.htm

and NBC opted for figure skating over USA/CANADA next sunday. They had the choice.

It was kind of funny to see aleksey morozov, ville peltonen, ziggy palffy and jaromir jagr carrying their country's flags tonight. It will be interesting to see how they perform .. haven't seen them play since they left the NHL.

If you wanted to know about how the tournament format works and how seedings and matchups are determined for the playoffs....this link will help.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=60725