NHL'94 Forums

The 5 Hole Slapper

I LOVE THIS SHOT! Hehe.. and Ben would agree... it's a great feeling to get this in.. just hold down C and shoot low. Guy has to have a pretty hard shot for it to go in.

I LOVE THIS SHOT! Hehe.. and Ben would agree... it's a great feeling to get this in.. just hold down C and shoot low. Guy has to have a pretty hard shot for it to go in.

The percentage of those 5 hole slap shots increases on either wing right after the blue line... i like to line up with gary roberts, khristich, sandstrom, etc.. if they are on LW make sure they have a lefty shot...and same for RW.... hold C and hold down as well

I was fiddling around with nose the other day trying to figure out what ratings made a golie more susceptible to to this shot.

After calibrating and testing the ratings for a while it became apparent that a golies puck control greatly influences his susceptibility to the five hole slap shot. A skaters shot power is equaly important. Eventually I decided to set to set a golies puck control to the lowest possible (while leaving all the other settings alone) and set a skaters shot power to 99. This appears to be the formula for the five hole slapper: low golie puck control and high shot power for a skater. Here's a clip little clip of it.

Oddly enough the five hole shot is most effective in a stationary position from the middle of the ice, even with these ratings. Much like the way the pass shot works from the center ice logo. I tried to find the twine from other areas inside the blue line and could'nt score with much frequency until I went to the center of the ice.