NHL'94 Forums

John Tavares; Still a strong Calder Trophy Candidate?

Guest hockeytawk

Guest hockeytawk

John Tavares is this weeks zero. He has been held pointless his last 6 games and hasn't scored a goal in his last 12. He did, however, score in the shootout vs. Nashville, which hopefully will help his confidence... http://ow.ly/162km. Tavares has just two goals and seven points in the past 28 games, when he seemingly ran into a kryptonite wall. The Olympic break should do him wonders. Ryan Kennedy says that Tavares is still the most important rookie in the league, because his overall impact on his team cannot be measured by stats alone... http://ow.ly/15ZpR. Do you think he is still a strong candidate for the Calder trophy?

nein^

after a real strong start tavares has completely fallen apart, hes got 2goals 4 assists -13 in his last 28 games

MATT DUCHESNE (ISLES SHOULDA DRAFTED HIM)

TYLER MYERS

BRANDAN YIPP

Myers should win it, hes basically the #1 dman on a playoff team and hes got 32 pts in 58gms, only 8pts back of duchesne.

But dmen rarely get any recognition in these awards.

John Tavares is this weeks zero. He has been held pointless his last 6 games and hasn't scored a goal in his last 12. He did, however, score in the shootout vs. Nashville, which hopefully will help his confidence... http://ow.ly/162km. Tavares has just two goals and seven points in the past 28 games, when he seemingly ran into a kryptonite wall. The Olympic break should do him wonders. Ryan Kennedy says that Tavares is still the most important rookie in the league, because his overall impact on his team cannot be measured by stats alone... http://ow.ly/15ZpR. Do you think he is still a strong candidate for the Calder trophy?

you dirty bastard..howd you get back in?

I'm telling Evan on you...you're gonna get in big big trouble.

Ya gotta give it to Tyler Myers. Dude turned Tallinder into something decent this season, after 2+ years of being garbage. Plus the 32pts is huge from a rook. He's slowed down a bit, think the grind is wearing on him a little. The 2 week layoff will help out.

you dirty bastard..howd you get back in?

I'm telling Evan on you...you're gonna get in big big trouble.

lol big troubles

Federal Government? Why the habs thread got deleted?

- Tyler Myers

If he has more playing time, Antti Niemi would enter the discussion as well.

top 3:

1. James VanRiemsdyk

2. Matt Duchene

3. John Tavares

btw is anybody else surprised that hedman has been terrible so far?

Edited by nationals1

top 3:

1. James VanRiemsdyk

2. Matt Duchene

3. John Tavares

btw is anybody else surprised that hedman has been terrible so far?

I don't get how you figure that 18 points and +5 on an out of playoff team as a defenseman is bad. Seriously.

I don't get how you figure that 18 points and +5 on an out of playoff team as a defenseman is bad. Seriously.

are you kidding me?

Tyler Myers almost has double his points and hes a rookie too

and the fact that you use Tampa as an out of playoff team as a reason why hes better is sad since they are tied Bruins for 8th spot with 63 pts no games in hand for either team 26 wins 22 losses and like 11 OT loses!

are you kidding me?

Tyler Myers almost has double his points and hes a rookie too

and the fact that you use Tampa as an out of playoff team as a reason why hes better is sad since they are tied Bruins for 8th spot with 63 pts no games in hand for either team 26 wins 22 losses and like 11 OT loses!

Myers is used as a 1st Defenseman.

Myers is 19 years old, not 18 genius.

Get your facts straight.

But yeah i guess a Dman's quality is in direct link with points. I mean, defense means scoring goals right?

Oh and by the way

Myers Points/60 minutes = 1,06

Hedman Points/60 minutes = 1,08

I believe you strand corrected sir.

Edited by The Russian Rocket

Myers is used as a 1st Defenseman.

Myers is 19 years old, not 18 genius.

Get your facts straight.

But yeah i guess a Dman's quality is in direct link with points. I mean, defense means scoring goals right?

well its no coindicence the Norris trophy winner each year has among the highest point totals. I don't agree with that concept but it's hard to argue it's not a HUGE factor in rating dmen.

well its no coindicence the Norris trophy winner each year has among the highest point totals. I don't agree with that concept but it's hard to argue it's not a HUGE factor in rating dmen.

Yeah and Sheldon Souray's a defensive beast.

Myers Points/60 minutes = 1,06

Hedman Points/60 minutes = 1,08

I believe you strand corrected sir.

?

Myers 32pts / (59gp * (23:35min/gp)) * 60min = 1.38 pts/60min

Hedman 18pts / (56gp * (21:38min/gp)) * 60min = 0.89pts/60min

Edited by smozoma