NHL'94 Forums

94 on PS2 clip

If you go to Gamespot and click on gameplay movie #2, at the end of the clip it shows a little NHL 94 action. It would appear the game will have updated rosters and playable euro teams, because I don't know who else a blue colored "HRT" team would be. No word on the real big news though, which would be a roster/player editor and online play.

If you go to Gamespot and click on gameplay movie #2, at the end of the clip it shows a little NHL 94 action.  It would appear the game will have updated rosters and playable euro teams, because I don't know who else a blue colored "HRT" team would be.  No word on the real big news though, which would be a roster/player editor and online play.

My guess is HRT would be the new/proper team abbreviation for the Hartford Whalers, as the team jersey colors do match the original 94.

Interesting though, the center logo has been updated (maybe for copyright reasons as the team no longer exists) and it looks like a comprimise between the Hartford Civic Center logo, and the original Hartford Whalers logo....

Hmmmm.... wonder if also bothered to put fighting back in?

My guess is HRT would be the new/proper team abbreviation for the Hartford Whalers, as the team jersey colors do match the original 94.

Interesting though, the center logo has been updated (maybe for copyright reasons as the team no longer exists) and it looks like a comprimise between the Hartford Civic Center logo, and the original Hartford Whalers logo....

Hmmmm.... wonder if also bothered to put fighting back in?

Hartford is a possibility I suppose. The thing is though, the lineup numbers don't match up to HFD in 94, so clearly the rosters have been changed. If you're going to change them, why keep them Hartford with a fake logo instead of just putting in Carolina? I also didn't see the green trim that is on HFD's 94 blue and white uniform. Have to wait and see I guess.

EDIT: Gone back to the gamespot preview and noticed some shots of 94 mode..

928052_20050802_screen024.jpg

928052_20050802_screen027.jpg

Fake names now? Maybe they want to keep original roster ratings so they scrambled the names and numbers because rights have expired? Would be dissapointing if that was the case.

lol, you just beat me to a similar post! :P

Had a look on the HockeyDB site (as I'm not terribly knowledged on every NHL player, past and present, living down under) and no sign of Gattis or Sweep, so yes, it appears fake rosters and possbile even a few more fake logos may be on the cards with its release.

Gotta love tho$e NHL and NHLPA copyright restriction$. ;)

Its the Devin Pitts I tell you, the Devin Pitts! :)

EDIT: Errrrr.... wtf, Devin Pitts??? Footballers in NHL rosters.... weird!

Actually I just downloaded the higher quality vid (as apposed to the cruddy streamed version)... it very much looks like a blue whale curled around the Hartford "H".

wow... fake players, teams, logos... thats starting to sound like a waste to me.

shame. at that rate, they should of updated the rosters and put the current teams, players into it with ALL the teams so that we could edit that part of the game and have all the current teams on 1 file. hehe.

Man, I was really optimistic about this project & I was so determined to show that us modders & emulation geeks aren't freeloaders, that I was going to buy the game just to show that I appreciated the thought of EA for us 94 fans, but what would it get me? I already have the real 94 cartridge. Why would I want this fake roster ripoff? I expected something equal to the original, I hoped for more, I got less.

• 5 weeks later...

According to EA's website, NHL2K6 will be out tomorrow, September 6th. If anyone gets a copy, please let us know your feelings and if '94 has online play.

I have to make a point of something here.

Ok, if EA had all the time to spend changing players names, numbers, team colors, ratings, etc... then why didn't they just spend the time putting in the current teams, rosters, colors, ratings, etc????

Anyone have a guess? I guess it's possible they don't have the source code to modify the number of teams, but I wouldn't expect that from EA.

-Evan

I am going to the Hockey hall of fame in T.O. for a release party for EA Sports NHL 06 tomorrow afternoon. Vinny LeCavalier will be there too. Will let you know how things go.

hey mack, me and drezz are gonna be there too!! :D I'll be wearing the white vintage habs jersey

btw, for anyone else who intends on crashing, its invite only ;)