NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 04 Playoff Races

smozoma

With the season entering the last quarter, the playoff races are heating up.

"A" League

snoboarder3211, Freydey32, Icestorm NHL94, canadiensfan66, and Flamingpavelbure are all pretty safe and spread out. The only real race among them will be to see who finishes first between snoboarder3211 and Freydey32.

Currently, snoboarder3211 is 10 points back of Freydey32, but has 8 games in hand (14 vs 6 games remaining) and a better pts %. He'll need to win 5 games to catch up to Freydey's current points, and then win a game for every game Freydey wins, if he wants to be the first seed.

The big race in the "A" league is for the final 2 spots.

It looks like it'll take about 35 points to make the playoffs, or a .400 points percentage.

The most likely guys to squeak into 7th and 8th are smozoma and BeefJerkyRules6, who can probably have sub-.500 records and still make it (as long as the others go at a .400 or lower pace).

dcicon is all but eliminated (still not mathematically eliminated, but he'll have to win all his games and the others lose most of theirs).

PerennialChoker (Vocally Caged) and hokkee are both in bad shape, but a winning streak against the right opponent could vault them into the playoffs.

sonoffett87 has the best chance of moving up into a playoff position.

jesusplaysnhl94 will have to play a lot more games, or he might fall out of the playoffs due to DNPs.

GR = Games Remaining
WinN = Wins Needed to get 35 points
LossA = Losses Allowed to get 35 points
Seeding based on current Pts%

Seed  Team  Coach			  GR  WinN  LossA
  1  OTT   jesusplaysnhl94	28	 4	 24
  2  PHI   snoboarder3211	 14	 0	  -
  3  MTL   Freydey32		   6	 0	  -
  4  DET   Icestorm NHL94	  8	 0	  -
  5  FLA   canadiensfan66	  7	 0	  -
  6  T.B   Flamingpavelbure	4	 0	  -
  7  DAL   smozoma			 6  1.75   4.25
  8  NYR   BeefJerkyRules6	 8	 3	  5
  9  HFD   sonoffett87		 4  2.25   1.75
 10  N.J   PerennialChoker	 4  3.75   0.25
 11  WSH   hokkeefan2		  6   4.5	1.5
 12  PIT   dcicon5148		  7   9.5   -2.5

"B" League

Things are less well defined in the "B" League, as some teams still have a lot of games left.

It looks like 41.5 points will be required to get into the playoffs in "B", a 0.472 Pts%, unless you're Houlanov, who's at 41.5 with no more games and is the coach to catch.

The top 4 teams could easily go up or down a position with an extra win or loss.

When it comes to the last seeds, everyone is chasing Houlanov, who has 41.5 points. Get ahead of him, and you're probably in; fail to catch up, and you're probably out.

gihtarman and mcarthurbsu33 can both go about .500 in order to get in (I'll need to come up with tie-breaker rules since we may actually have some ties this year). If both make it, Houlanov will get bumped.

MeatSkid1 is eliminated, but vinniersmith still has a slim chance if the teams currently with fewer points than him are unable to pass him. most of them have a lot of extra games in hand, though.

Rage93 has an outside shot. He'll need to win at least 13 of his remaining 19 games, plus a tie, to challenge for the last spot.

GR = Games Remaining
WinN = Wins Needed to get 42 points
LossA = Losses Allowed to get 42 points
Seeding based on current Pts%

Seed  Team  Coach			  GR  WinN  LossA
  1  CHI   Zalex1414		   0	 0	  -
  2  L.A   rynweinmeyer	   13	 0	  -
  3  WPG   chris1knights@	 10	 0	  -
  4  S.J   Turd Ferguson988   12   1.5   10.5
  5  BOS   donnybrook94		2	 0	  -
  6  STL   Iceguy94			2	 0	  -
  7  VAN   gihtarman		  20   9.5   10.5
  8  EDM   Houlanov			0	 0	 0
  9  TOR   mcarthurbsu33	  17   8.5	8.5
 10  QUE   vinniersmith		5	 8	 -3
 11  CGY   Rage93			 19 13.25   5.75
 12  NYI   MeatSkid1		   6	15	 -9

• 2 weeks later...

"A"

It looks like smozoma will take 7th or 8th, leaving sonoffett87, PerennialChoker, hokkeefan2, and dcicon5148 out of the playoffs.

snoboarder3211 and jesusplaysnhl94 both have a shot at first depending on the result of their 4-game series. If jesusplaysnhl94 struggles, he may fall below Freydey32 and end up 3rd.

smozoma has 2 games left and needs a win, OT win, or two ties to take 7th.

Seed  Team  Coach			   Pts  GR  WinN  LossA
  1  PHI   snoboarder3211	   56   8	 0	  -
  2  OTT   jesusplaysnhl94	  50  10	 0	  -
  3  MTL   Freydey32		  60.5   0	 0	  -
  4  FLA   canadiensfan66	 50.5   3	 0	  -
  5  DET   Icestorm NHL94	 51.5   0	 0	  -
  6  T.B   Flamingpavelbure   44.5   4	 0	  -
  7  DAL   smozoma			36.5   2	 0	  -
  8  NYR   BoKnowsNHL94		 38   0	 0	  -
  9  HFD   sonoffett87		30.5   2	 e	  -
 10  N.J   PerennialChoker	27.5   4	 e	  -
 11  WSH   hokkeefan2		   28   2	 e	  -
 12  PIT   dcicon5148		 16.5   3	 e	  -

"B"

Turd Ferguson988 needs to worry about DNPs at the end of the season, since his points total is currently around the 8th-place mark, despite his good winning percentage.

Gihtarman couldn't handle mcarthurbsu33 or chris1knights@ in his most recent 7 games and is all but elimiated, needing 11.5 points in his last 6 games.

Seed  Team  Coach			   Pts  GR  WinN  LossA
  1  CHI   Zalex1414			64   0	 0	  -
  2  L.A   rynweinmeyer	   42.5  13	 0	  -
  3  WPG   chris1knights@	 55.5   3	 0	  -
  4  S.J   Turd Ferguson988   39.5  10	 1	  9
  5  BOS   donnybrook94	   46.5   2	 0	  -
  6  STL   Iceguy94		   47.5   0	 0	  -
  7  TOR   mcarthurbsu33		43   4	 0	  -
  8  EDM   Houlanov		   41.5   0	 0	  -
  9  VAN   gihtarman		  30.5   6   5.5	0.5
 10  QUE   vinniersmith		 30   0	 e	  -
 11  CGY   Rage93			   24   6	 e	  -
 12  NYI   MeatSkid1		  17.5   2	 e	  -

Edited by smozoma

Rynweinmeyer isn't exempt from DNPs either. If he doesn't get more games in, he'll drop down.

Rynweinmeyer isn't exempt from DNPs either. If he doesn't get more games in, he'll drop down.

good point, I didn't realize his point total was also still pretty low. Hope he shows up.. seems like no one has heard from him in ages.

On a related note, beavers33 could get as high as 5th seed if he wins all his remaining games. Rage93 and MeatSkid should finish their games for the sake of draft positions so that they don't lose face for next season.

Rage93 and MeatSkid should finish their games for the sake of draft positions so that they don't lose face for next season.

I am planning on finishing my games, I'm just saying I'm pretty sure I have first pick locked up...again :P.

whoever gets to play rynweinmer in the 1st rd might automatically get advandced because it seems hes not comming back which would be quite an advantage

whoever gets to play rynweinmer in the 1st rd might automatically get advandced because it seems hes not comming back which would be quite an advantage

If he doesn't show up soon and play his games, then the DNPs will drop him out of the playoffs. Currently he's set to lose around 15-20 points, which is a shame because he's having a good season and has a solid team.

I checked his profile and he visited the forum a couple days ago, so I'm not sure what's going on with him.

I PUT MY BUCKS ON ZALEX

I can't award points for games not played..

If Shaftman shows evidence that he did try to contact rynweinmeyer and was ready to play, I don't think Shaftman should be the one to pay the bill. (Or as we say it in Mexico, "pagar los platos rotos".) It's not my call, though, so smoz will decide how's it gonna come down.

If he doesn't show up soon and play his games, then the DNPs will drop him out of the playoffs. Currently he's set to lose around 15-20 points, which is a shame because he's having a good season and has a solid team.

I checked his profile and he visited the forum a couple days ago, so I'm not sure what's going on with him.

Dropping him a line or two and letting him know of his situation must help. If he's got an e-mail you can use, send him something.

Edited by RedWingDevil

If Shaftman shows evidence that he did try to contact rynweinmeyer and was ready to play, I don't think Shaftman should be the one to pay the bill. (Or as we say it in Mexico, "pagar los platos rotos".) It's not my call, though, so smoz will decide how's it gonna come down.

Dropping him a line or two and letting him know of his situation must help. If he's got an e-mail you can use, send him something.

Part of the penalty system is the assumption that if two guys haven't played their games by the end of the season, it's usually, at least in part, both their fault, since they didn't play earlier. Shaftman left most of his games until late in the season, so it's no surprise he has had trouble getting games in with ryn, who's known to be hard to find. It's important to try to track down those hard-to-find coaches early, especially if you yourself are hard to find.

I've sent Ryn PMs already of course.