NHL'94 Forums

Who's going to be the first...

statto

...American to gloat today?

I hope it's not me, I didn't watch, I was commenting on irrelevant newspaper articles in my basement apartment.

EDIT: go coyotes

Edited by statto

Older guys Niedermayer and Brodeur made the most mistakes and most costly mistakes for Canada.

I thought Brodeur was pretty bad trying to do way too much with the puck.

But still they dominated alot of the game, and im confident they'll run the table to gold baby.

Older guys Niedermayer and Brodeur made the most mistakes and most costly mistakes for Canada.

But still they dominated alot of the game, and im confident they'll run the table to gold baby.

wasnt brodeur's fault i dont think

they need to switch up the lines... it feels like for me the shark line is the only good one

And in related news, King Henrik just shut the door on the Finnish's collective faces and Sweeden wins 3-0.

And no, I can't watch the games. >:lol:

Taking away the trapezoid for Brodeur was like putting a kid in a candy store. Or Brodeur in a candy store.

I think the turning point was that b.s. call on Perry. Wasn't even a hard slash, but rather a normal "hockey-play" stick check to break up a pass. Not his fault composite sticks are made of egg shells.

Taking away the trapezoid for Brodeur was like putting a kid in a candy store. Or Brodeur in a candy store.

I think the turning point was that b.s. call on Perry. Wasn't even a hard slash, but rather a normal "hockey-play" stick check to break up a pass. Not his fault composite sticks are made of egg shells.

It's more a tolerance thing. It's like Holding in football, it's on every damn play, just the intensity. If they called every slash that actually occurs, theyre would be like 3 players on the ice, and 2 on the bench for backup.

Nah dude that call on Perry HAD to be made. It's called 99% of the time in the NHL. You chop down like that AND break the stick it's defeinitely a penalty.

Blame it on whomever you guys like, but bottom line Miller was the difference.

USA was completely outplayed the first 25-30 minutes, but from there the US dictated the play. If you wan to say any of the calls was BS it was the last one on Kane.

Nah dude that call on Perry HAD to be made. It's called 99% of the time in the NHL. You chop down like that AND break the stick it's defeinitely a penalty.

Blame it on whomever you guys like, but bottom line Miller was the difference.

USA was completely outplayed the first 25-30 minutes, but from there the US dictated the play. If you wan to say any of the calls was BS it was the last one on the US.

I think the call on Crosby was indirectily BS

crosby only highsticked Orpik because he was trying to get the puck with one hand on the stick because Orpik was holding his other arm

botom line Pierre Mcguire wrecked the game... I threw my slipper at the T.V. when he was talking

I think the call on Crosby was indirectily BS

crosby only highsticked Orpik because he was trying to get the puck with one hand on the stick because Orpik was holding his other arm

botom line Pierre Mcguire wrecked the game... I threw my slipper at the T.V. when he was talking

lol now we're splitting hairs. Can't wait for the Russia-Canada quarter final game. Ironic the two favorites face off 2 rounds early.

why blame refs?

blame bad cock, he got outcoached by a maple leaf coach which is a shame.. :P ....lol btw maple leafs are heck of an AMERICAN organisation, im just saying!

and blame brodeur, who seemed like controlled by icestorm with his good play around the net :lol:

seriously dont blame the refs on that one, i've seen tons of interference hits that weren't call from both teams.

EDIT: Nationals DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE GAME?? Sharks line best line?? A good game doesent mean lots of icetime. they played in all 5 PPs and couldnt do s**t, plus, heatley scored on a play assisted by jonathan TOEWS...WHERES :lol: SUPER CLUTCHE PLAYER THORNTON :lol:

Edited by Freydey

You, my friend, are one bad-ass mofo.

Miller was amazing, that was really the big difference. Brodeur was pretty shaky at the start, but eventually settled down fairly well. In the end, the US had their s**t together, Canada didn't.

why blame refs?

blame bad cock, he got outcoached by a maple leaf coach which is a shame.. :P ....lol btw maple leafs are heck of an AMERICAN organisation, im just saying!

and blame brodeur, who seemed like controlled by icestorm with his good play around the net :lol:

seriously dont blame the refs on that one, i've seen tons of interference hits that weren't call from both teams.

EDIT: Nationals DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE GAME?? Sharks line best line?? A good game doesent mean lots of icetime. they played in all 5 PPs and couldnt do s**t, plus, heatley scored on a play assisted by jonathan TOEWS...WHERES :lol: SUPER CLUTCHE PLAYER THORNTON :lol:

well thorton WAS on the ice when they scored

and also their line scored both goals vs the swis

that means the shark line in the two toughest games have 3 out of the 5 goals!

You, my friend, are one bad-ass mofo.

Miller was amazing, that was really the big difference. Brodeur was pretty shaky at the start, but eventually settled down fairly well. In the end, the US had their s**t together, Canada didn't.

I think just about all of us can agree with that

Brian Burke is has been doing a great job so far keeping the US's underdog status

Haha, how funny was it that Doughty got away with that interference hit along the half-boards?

Refs missed calls on both sides.

Refs are not cybernetic robots that see everything.

International refs are handpicked in the world, and only 10 international level refs are formed every year.

So heh, if you stay that long, having a shitjob that consists in getting yelled at, then hell, you can do whatever you want.

well thorton WAS on the ice when they scored

and also their line scored both goals vs the swis

that means the shark line in the two toughest games have 3 out of the 5 goals!

oh im sorry, this thread is so much about the canada vs switzerland game, wow, my bad :lol:

Thornton is so clutche, he can get points Vs Yannik Weber on d! yeah tought game, thats for sure.

and no thornton wasnt on the ice for heatley's goal, toews was the Center, only ratley was there from the san jose sharks

you can't watch? http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hocke...hm400a06sO.html

click the + on your right

oh im sorry, this thread is so much about the canada vs switzerland game, wow, my bad :lol:

Thornton is so clutche, he can get points Vs Yannik Weber on d! yeah tought game, thats for sure.

and no thornton wasnt on the ice for heatley's goal, toews was the Center, only ratley was there from the san jose sharks

Nationals said Victor Hedman was having a poor season LOL. Shows stuff.

Yeah i guess he had tough times to handle Luca Sbisa too. Tough WHL Defenseman.

I wanna know why Gord miller calls the games and not Jim Hughson (cbc/tsn contract chit must be) I dont really mind Gord though, but fml for listening to piere mcguire cant they get somebody else to colour commentate these historic games instead of that douchebag.

He IS good for a drinking game though:

pierredrinkinggame1.jpg

I wanna know why Gord miller calls the games and not Jim Hughson (cbc/tsn contract chit must be)

Exactly...and it's too bad for CBC as they probably won't get to broadcast the olympics again.

my bad missed the thorton on the ice part i thought he was...

by the way the likes of crosby nash iginla perry getzlaf and toews couldnt score on Yannik Weber so don't be dissen on Thorton

when i say the sharks line have been playing well I dont mean that Thorton is playing so well hes not the whole sharks line even though I still think hes the guy that makes that line click

and I also never said Thorton is clutch

Marleau has also been largely missing, its only Heatley making an impact as he always does when he plays for Canada.

Bobcock needs to stop coaching this team like an allstar team and more like a real team, much more time to to the top 2 lines and less for the 3rd and 4th lines.

Crosby should get closer to 19-20+ mins a game instead of 16 or so.

Atleast hes starting to manage the dmen better, with the young guys getting more time.