NHL'94 Forums

USA - Switzerland Quarters

IceStorm70

What a freakin game. Caught the last period only (had to leave work early). Sounded like we dominated the Swiss for the 1st two periods if not for Hiller.

Props to the Swiss, their style isn;t much to watch but to take Canada to a shootout and then hold the US to one goal speaks volumes about their progress.

Cant wait for the Can-Rus game tonight. Prediction: Russia-5 Canada-2. Those Russian F's are going to be too much for the Canadian defense to handle. X-factor as always is the men in the pipes. Louie has a bit of an advantage playing on home ice, but we'll see.

Fins 4 Czechs 3

So many of the games have been amazing.

Czech-Latvia (Latvia came back from 2-0 to take it to OT, unfortunately losing 3-2)

Slovakia-Norway (Norway down 3-1, ties it in the 2nd period, loses 4-3)

USA-Switzerland (2-0 with an empty-netter)

Edited by smozoma

I tell ya what, I haven't felt this way at the end of games (Sunday and Today) since May of 2007. Total edge of my seat heart racing etc.

BTW May of 2007 is relevant as that's the last meaningful game the Sabres played.

Cant wait for the Can-Rus game tonight. Prediction: Russia-5 Canada-2. Those Russian F's are going to be too much for the Canadian defense to handle. X-factor as always is the men in the

loool 5-2 russia wttff lolol u fail

crazy that the slovaks upset the swedes. didn't see all the goals...but 4 goals on 14 shots is what they had on lundqvist.

I know, I just read it. Holy Crap!

The kings are dead. Who's gonna hold the throne now?

My prediction: Team Canada beat Team Slovakia 1 to nothing and the Canadien' goalie Jaroslav Halak stop 48 shots tomorrow ! And the other semi-finals; Team Finland beat Team USA 3 to 2 in Overtime.

NB: Women Team Canada won the Gold Medals 2 to nothing versus Team USA. Team Finland won the Bronze Medals in overtime 3 to 2 versus Sweden.

Those Russian F's are going to be too much for the Canadian defense to handle.

More like those Russian F's got completely and utterly man handled/destroyed by the Canadian defense. Made Ovechkin look like Patrik Stefan.