NHL'94 Forums

Gold Medal Game - USA vs Canada!

halifax

I have bet against my home country of Canada in the WJC final and the olympic round robin game and I have been right both times

I feel that I know owe it to Canada to bet for them:

final score 5-2 Canada just like in Salt Lake

Too bad fights aren't allowed in International competitions, think some guys would want to drop the gloves tonight, if things get dirty.

I definetly agree FPB

fighting would make these country rivalries like Canada vs USA or Canada vs Russia and even Finland vs Sweeden even more exciting than they already are!

I definetly agree FPB

fighting would make these country rivalries like Canada vs USA or Canada vs Russia and even Finland vs Sweeden even more exciting than they already are!

cman man! the olympics are suppost to be about class and world unity, no fighting in the olympics. but with that said i do wish the refs would let them play and call penalties more consistently.

cman man! the olympics are suppost to be about class and world unity, no fighting in the olympics. but with that said i do wish the refs would let them play and call penalties more consistently.

I think goons are useless, and i think staged up fights are a joke and a disgrace.

BUT, i think in a very heated game, it happens that two guys don't like each other very much, and i prefer that they get to drop the gloves without other penalties than a 5, than see a guy get boarded, or speared.

Dude I do not f'n understand how Bettman thinks that NHL players playing in the Olympics is a hindrance to the league and will lower rtings when it comes back on. If anything Olympic hockey will publicize the sport and give it more ratings when it goes back. You can not tell me if that the United States wins tommorow it will not raise ratings significantly in this country.

Dude I do not f'n understand how Bettman thinks that NHL players playing in the Olympics is a hindrance to the league and will lower rtings when it comes back on. If anything Olympic hockey will publicize the sport and give it more ratings when it goes back. You can not tell me if that the United States wins tommorow it will not raise ratings significantly in this country.

He planted teams in Florida, Nashville and Phoenix.

And you wonder how he thinks that way?

I read a good article about the NHL-Olympic Committee flap and usually I'm the first to bash the NHL, but I gotta side with them on this one. The Olympic Committee thinks they are bigger than any league, government, etc. etc. and they have given zero concessions when the NHL has made many including stopping their season to let their players play in the games.

HOCKEY IS CANADA'S GAME

sidney_crosby_team_canada.jpg

Edited by Freydey

Sid gave Canada one of the best moments of all time....incredible game...the posts, the saves, the last minute heroics by Parise...the sunken feeling canadians felt heading into OT...and the elation when it went in. For Canada, it was the perfect ending to the olympic games.

GOLDEN BOYS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNcdWi2Bd6s

Pierre McGuire was actually palatable this game, found where the 'top' was and didn't go over it, and didn't use his annoying catch words ("hammer time," etc)

it was game over when i saw the refs:

Referees: Bill Mccreary (CAN) , Daniel O'Halloran (CAN)

Linesmen: Jean Morin (CAN) , Stefan Fonselius (FIN)

:)

it was game over when i saw the refs:

Referees: Bill Mccreary (CAN) , Daniel O'Halloran (CAN)

Linesmen: Jean Morin (CAN) , Stefan Fonselius (FIN)

:)

I thought it was actually a quite fairly reffed game

the amereicans on the forums might disagree but thats what i say

ya i dont even remember the refs in that game. thought they did a fine job. let some stuff go which is what should happen in gold medal game. let them play