NHL'94 Forums

Why do you come to this site?

halifax

Why do you visit the site forums?   

106 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you visit the site forums? (check all that apply)

• Online league info
    • Editing the game
    • EA nhl titles other than '94
    • Enjoy discussing things about NHL94
    • To download and play some new roms
    • I love Evan

Hey Evan,

I missed it by 5 days...But I saw you first registered march 3rd, 2005. Happy 5 years for the site bud!

Hey Halifax,

Thanks for making this known. Crazy it's been 5 years since the forum has been up. Now, one disclaimer on the forum. We had a forum in 2004 and it ended up crashing on the hosting company. Naturally they didn't have a backup of it. Good news is I make backups of the forum now and we even migrated it to a new server in 2009. Still, 5 years of the forum running is cool, especially seeing how much has been done over the years.

It's all the users that log in to this forum that really make the community. Thanks guys.

-Evan

• 2 weeks later...

5 years in internet time is ages. If this was a time line of civilization we are past the steam engine already.

We've lost a lot of good men from the forums over the years, but they were here through the 'underground railroad' that was the beginning of the forums, before the time of Ga.

Here's a toast to those that we have lost, to all the great memories. To Evan for giving us a reason to stop sending NHL'94 topics through the mail. To the tireless efforts of guys like Wboy for making editing the game easier, and thus making draft leagues feasible. And to all the efforts in discovering new ways to screw off at work playing the best game ever.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a member list on these forums? I realized I registered three days after Evan, and I must be one of the first. Time does fly. Edit: I see the member number pops up under the name. #10, I'm proud.

Edited by nate

We had a forum in 2004 and it ended up crashing on the hosting company.

I must have been a member back then, cause January 2006 doesn't seem right.. And my first thought of "when I first joined" made me recall something like "I was even a member of the previous forum"... So that sounds about right.

I remember e-mailing Mack, back when he released his first SNES NHL '94 hack. :) Got some pointers and stuff.. Wasn't up until wboy cracked up the Genesis version wide open that I started hacking thought.

Thanks for a great site/forum, Evan! :o

Congrats! I think I was on the original board without the backup. I didn't realize it was all so new back then.

I am #93 here, just like Dougie Gilmour.

Edited by aqualizard

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

We've lost a lot of good men from the forums over the years, but they were here through the 'underground railroad' that was the beginning of the forums, before the time of Ga.

Cool, March 3 is my birthday... I guess I was born to be a part of this forum and compete in the online leagues! Great job guys for all the hard work and dedication! You sure bring a lot of fun into peoples lives!

March 3rd is also my birthday! wow i guess i was destined to be a part of this...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

august 2011, i joined because i thought it would be a cool site where you could interact with other fans of the game.

Edited by Matt Graf

• 10 months later...

Almost forgot about this thread....and the year's almost over...just added in 2013 choice.....giver for votes!

01 Aug 2006

supposedly. I voted 2005. when did the previous site/board come into existence? I feel like I was around in 2004, too.

site created by goldparalax © 2003-2012

oh? hmm...

• 9 months later...

Just added '14 to the beginning poll (yes I'm quite late, but Fank is supposed to remind me about these things.)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I come here to get plugged into the community of a game I love.  I love the AJ line building information, and keeping tabs on the community tournaments.  It's a great way to learn how to be better at the game, and to get more details on tournaments, and the finer details of the history of this game.  I've but scratched the surface so far.

it seems that I now come to get frustrated trying to navigate, use, read the message board.  this forum downgrade was a terrible idea.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2017 at 11:40 AM, tru said:

it seems that I now come to get frustrated trying to navigate, use, read the message board.  this forum downgrade was a terrible idea.

unless the intent was to please Clocky by frustrating me away -- in that case it was a great success.  this message board used to be easy to navigate and use.  I promise it was!  I remember!  posts-per-day counts must have been cut in half, at least, immediately.  it clearly has not recovered.  this place is devoid of content now.  I am sure plenty of previously-active members fell off right when I did.  sad.

Edited by tru

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...