NHL'94 Forums

Chaire à cannon? (GDL)

The Russian Rocket

murder_scene.png

If you check the GDL standings you will see what i mean by ''Chaire a canon''

Seriously, it looks like some guys are just there to get murdered and pad stats.

Is it even relevant to have them in the same league while we all know that the only thing that will happen is mass destruction.

Shouldn't we split the league in two so these guys can come in the league and not get killed right away?

At the same time we could make GDL have more depth in the rosters, make every game, one that can go both ways. Something that isn't the case really at the moment. Let's have some parity.

I am in no way downing the lesser players. They just aren't prepared to this, and it's normal to get clipped when you face the big boys right away.

Think we could do this?

Edited by The Russian Rocket

That's up to debate, FPB. While not my call, I'll see what the others have to say about that.

Well, it's not an everyday occurance that some guys manage to improve in a league like GDL on the next season and try to get the top spots. Another thing is that the lack of effort is rather appalling. I understand some of the heavyweights are in there, but I say that ultimately it's the players' responsability in doing their absolute best to try and earn their stripes while winning games. They should at least have an idea what they're getting into.

I've yet to play in A league sections on Blitz and Classic (The exception is the NHL94/09 league), but I had an idea I was in for a long haul in GDL.

LA MODÉRATION A BIEN MEILLEUR GOUT

PAS OBLIGER DE MARQUER 15 BUTS CTR EUX NON PLUS ;)

Well, I always looked at GDL at the most competitive league there is, simple because it was not split.

I don't think it should be split...its a great way to see where you stand among elite players, and it definitely trains you to get better.

Its what makes the GDL title what it is.

Yeah...I'm in favor of less teams, but a B league could get confusing, and make us more like the other leagues. Just try to enjoy running up the score while you can, and if things aren't getting better by the start of next season, changes will be made.

PAS OBLIGER DE MARQUER 15 BUTS CTR EUX NON PLUS :blink:

Guest Houli

PAS OBLIGER DE MARQUER 15 BUTS CTR EUX NON PLUS :rolleyes:

a week ago...

-fraygay Question for houli: why you killing the newbs...blabla...

-houli answer: because im a newb...and i play the best i can vs every1...for a playoffs spot...cuz im not good like you!

-my Question to freygay about the gdl scores: why not killing the newbs or someone else?

-his answer is: because the players as you ,carse, flasox ,fpb and the others, increase their statistics too easily!

today...

-my Question to freygay: why your results are enormous against me and the newbs?

-his answer is: because i can kill you more than 7-1!!! I have already played my 4 gms vs you...so i block you now! see ya in gdl'8!!!

LOLOLOL!!!

a week ago...

-houli answer: because im a newb...and i play the best i can vs every1...for a playoffs spot...cuz im not good like you!

-my Question to freygay about the gdl scores: why not killing the newbs or someone else?

-his answer is: because the players as you ,carse, flasox ,fpb and the others, increase their statistics too easily!

today...

-my Question to freygay: why your results are enormous against me and the newbs?

-his answer is: because i can kill you more than 7-1!!! I have already played my 4 gms vs you...so i block you now! see ya in gdl'8!!!

LOLOLOL!!!

cool-story-bro.jpg

a week ago...

today...

LOLOLOL!!!

hem yeah...thats exactly what i said... :lol: I guess you don't really understand french after all, not surprising.

Freygay heh...i guess this took 100% of your creativity, you must be tired now...

useless post

Second: We don't appreciate rude, offensive, or negative posts. Users who decide to make posts such as these will be warned and eventually removed. Please remember that we're all here to enjoy NHL94 and the people it brings together. :rolleyes:

Well that's still my point. Why do we put them in the same league if we KNOW they don't stand a chance.

Shouldn't they have some kind of record of winning or being competitive at least?

Edited by The Russian Rocket

Well that's still my point. Why do we put them in the same league if we KNOW they don't stand a chance.

Shouldn't they have some kind of record of winning or being competitive at least?

Talk to VC.

Second: We don't appreciate rude, offensive, or negative posts. Users who decide to make posts such as these will be warned and eventually removed. Please remember that we're all here to enjoy NHL94 and the people it brings together.

Your right and these rules should be enforced, we are here for 94 and to have fun.

a week ago...

today...

LOLOLOL!!!

Houli Je ne comprends pas ques't c que tu dis. As tu mangé tros de fromage?

We aren't 10 years old, so try not to act like it.

I personally think it's fine the way it is. If you look back over the prior 6 seasons you'll see every year has lower teams, and in many cases, given a season or tw, these teams improve dramatically. FPB I think you're a good example, the first season you moved into GDL you were handled pretty good by a lot of veteran coaches and even some noobs. BUt over time and seasons you've improved immensely. While I doubt you'll admit it, I think the season you had your a$$ handed to you actually made you a better player.

I think a VERY good example this season is Iceguy. I think he's improved considerably over last season, and his record reflects that.

Anyway, turnover is inevitable, reigns are passed down every few seasons. Thats the life of a 17 year old game still cherished and loved by many, but in many ways treated like a two bit hooka, used and abused, lusted after (hokkee) and eventually tossed to the curb with fond memories :rolleyes:

I personally think it's fine the way it is. If you look back over the prior 6 seasons you'll see every year has lower teams, and in many cases, given a season or tw, these teams improve dramatically. FPB I think you're a good example, the first season you moved into GDL you were handled pretty good by a lot of veteran coaches and even some noobs. BUt over time and seasons you've improved immensely. While I doubt you'll admit it, I think the season you had your a$$ handed to you actually made you a better player.

I think a VERY good example this season is Iceguy. I think he's improved considerably over last season, and his record reflects that.

Anyway, turnover is inevitable, reigns are passed down every few seasons. Thats the life of a 17 year old game still cherished and loved by many, but in many ways treated like a two bit hooka, used and abused, lusted after (hokkee) and eventually tossed to the curb with fond memories :rolleyes:

Don't want to abuse a closed thread but I couldn't agree more.

This is exactly how I feel it is and should be