NHL'94 Forums

Just found this site

Jeremy

Hi Guys

I’m new to playing NHL94 through a emulator ( genesis ) and have a few questions. One is why is this game so popular? I remember playing this when I was a kid and loved it but what is the attraction in today’s gaming world? Also I see that there are many leagues for this on various websites, do guys play each other or are they simmed? Also does the emulator when running stay in the smaller window or is there a way to make it bigger? And also can I find other older hockey games that will run in the emulator? Again im new to all this so I’m sure I will have a ton more questions thanks for any help guys

Thanks

Jeremy

One is why is this game so popular? I remember playing this when I was a kid and loved it but what is the attraction in today’s gaming world?

A lot of people here find the new games too complicated and just generally not as fun. Too many buttons... scoring that feels kind of arbitrary... They're simulations, not games. 94 is hilarious... All the players in new games feel the same, while in 94 each player feels really distinct.

Here is a thread where a lot of people added their thoughts on why '94 is still fun: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=22160 ("EZE"s post is legendary)

Fun fact: EA finally re-introduced in NHL10 the feature of NHL94 where players would reach up and swat a puck out of mid-air!

I only play 94 against people, though.. the computer AI isn't too fun to play against (way too easy)

Hi Guys

Also I see that there are many leagues for this on various websites, do guys play each other or are they simmed?

Most are actual head-to-head games between real people. There is also a 2-on-2 tournament once in a while.

Someone figured out how to save a game at the end and save all the statistics and import them into a database, making leagues feel really official: http://www.blitz94.com/playerstats.asp

There is one simulation league that just started up where you pick your players and the games get simmed to see who picked the best team.

Also does the emulator when running stay in the smaller window or is there a way to make it bigger?

Uhh.. maximize the window? ; )

Try the Video menu, and you can change the video settings or put it in full screen...

And also can I find other older hockey games that will run in the emulator?

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=hp&...nhl+95+sega+rom

Edited by smozoma

Welcome to the wonderful world of addiction, Jeremy

ps-did you speak in class today? (rim shot)

cheers, thanks. looks like theis game will be kinda cool to play. Yeah I get the class thing alot :rolleyes:

thanks again for the welcome