NHL'94 Forums

Horns.

Hey guys,

First time poster, long time player. The other day I was watching a few hockey videos on youtube and I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57RC68_nZ70 (sorry, I don't know how to embed)

It brought me back to a time in where I used to play this game as a child and always thought "wouldn't it be cool if the Blues (the team I played with all the time...being from St.L and all) actual horn was in this game". Aside from the fighting and blood, this would have been perfect, for me.

Fast forward about 15 years and I see now that this can be realized!

That said, does anyone know where I might be able to get a rom updated with every team's after goal horn?

thought "wouldn't it be cool if the Blues (the team I played with all the time...being from St.L and all) actual horn was in this game". Aside from the fighting and blood, this would have been perfect, for me.

Fast forward about 15 years and I see now that this can be realized!

That said, does anyone know where I might be able to get a rom updated with every team's after goal horn?

we don't know how to update the sounds, actually. the most that's been hacked, sound-wise, so far, is switching one existing sound for another, and a liiiittle bit of organ music composing. Also, the game is set up in such a way that there is only one goal siren/horn for all the teams. Making it use a different sound for each team would be a lot of work (it would require writing new assembly code)

Here is the thread on sound hacking: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=11307

Edited by smozoma