NHL'94 Forums

Is it only a matter of time before nhl94 hits xbox live and PSN?

halifax

15 members have voted

1. 1. will nhl94 be created to play on xbox live and PSN?

• yes
    • no

Are they finally starting to come around?....tecmo bowl fans will be able to access 'Tecmo bowl throwback' on XBL and PSN. The same original game with some upgrades. Read the story for more info.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=5003820

Hopefully this will pave the way to get nhl94 on those networks as well!

But....If you can play nhl94 online over ps3 and xbox....what happens to us?

We get to PWN a shitload of N00bz

In this game there's basically no glitches whatsoever. So no one can come up just like that and kick ass.

Edited by The Russian Rocket

shaft, the site will be fine...it could possibly help boost the popularity. on XBL and PSN you wouldn't get to edit anything, so there's no cool leagues and new roms like we've got here.

Agreed. It would definitely bring more traffic to the site...and likely starts some xbl or psn leagues co ordinated through this site. we can only hope!

We should proceed in having little tags to have ''Pre XBL and PSN launch'' so we can recognize the elders.

You guys are making this difficult for me...haha. The way everyone's talking, it's like it's already available. Personally, I'm not sure it will be made. I'm optimistic, but certainly not getting my hopes up. I really like your idea of a tag to recognize each other.

Well, even if they did.. Chances are slim to none that they'll be doing both versions, so.. I'm guessing it was the Sega version that was on one of the PS2 games, right? (in NHL 06 or something)

So I sure ain't getting my hopes up..

Well, even if they did.. Chances are slim to none that they'll be doing both versions, so.. I'm guessing it was the Sega version that was on one of the PS2 games, right? (in NHL 06 or something)

So I sure ain't getting my hopes up..

I dont think theres a lot of nintendo games on those networks since wii got their own online shop for nintendo's old school games

Anyways this wont happen :unsure:

Edited by Freydey

Will never happen, they had a hard enough time getting it on NHL 06 with their fake name rosters and bland ratings... that was lame.

Wish it would though. I just dont understand why they cant release a version (updated rosters) with every new NHL XX edition and let you play it online, it can't be that hard.

I think we will if we went on other forums (NHL 10, classic video gm forums, HFboard?, other hockey forums etc)

ok 10k might be a little high, still possible tho.

Online petitions: Anyone can sign 2-3 times, and no one gives a s**t.

Most of them are ''fake and gay'' or just don't work at a 99,9999% rate.

Would be nice if they did the same for NHL 94 in the future... although I'd probably never leave my room, haha.

As an avid TSB fan and player, I'm pretty pumped about the Tecmo Bowl Throwback coming out.

I wish it would have been the NES version instead of the SNES version, though.

Oh well... beggars can't be choosers!

Swos mounted the ISO on a virtual drive and extracted the binary file from NHL'06 of memory serves.. I remember Hartford, Quebec, and Winnipeg didn't have the logos either. All the player names were Joe Bobs too I think.

EA is shrewd I don't know if they would cater to the nostalgia crowd as Nintendo has with the Mario cash cow.. If they did hopefully they could license net code from GGPO. Amazing playing people in Japan with negligible latency on GGPO.

Not a fan of the downloadable games really. Probably the wave of the future: no more manuals when money can be saved just putting them in the game, no more boxart overhead from graphic designers if new games are downloadable.

I'm just out of touch with the Lie Detector Hero crowd.

• 1 month later...
EA is shrewd I don't know if they would cater to the nostalgia crowd as Nintendo has with the Mario cash cow.. If they did hopefully they could license net code from GGPO. Amazing playing people in Japan with negligible latency on GGPO.

I still feel that it is a missed opportunity on EA's part. Their NHL franchise's complete lack of presence on the Wii is disappointing (especially since I'm a Wii owner) and with the popularity of the retro Mario game it really got me thinking that EA should explore the possibilities of revisiting their gem of a game from some 17 years ago. This community is proof that this game still has some legs and it could fill the void on the Wii and possibly the DS with just some minor tweaking (Season mode, online play) and make EA some money in the process instead of just sitting in their archive. The game has nostalgia value and the game play has stood the test of time, both attributes that would translate to the Wii platform. But I agree that EA more than likely won't want to take the risk and will leave the game in the past and for us to continue to play in our world.

• 1 year later...

.. If they did hopefully they could license net code from GGPO. Amazing playing people in Japan with negligible latency on GGPO.

Just went to the GGPO site -- can we use this for '94? Anyone tried? I still don't understand how it's possible to remove lag, but I'm curious if this is better than using Hamachi.

This could be a good option. We need to be able to test it out first.