NHL'94 Forums

Sprite Sheets

Hi NHL94 forums,

I'm working on an independent game of sorts that mods an online version of the Doom engine. The goal is to create a first person hockey game that will be available to play for free. Being a fan of the old NHL games myself, I'm aiming to make this a bit of a homage to these old games.

Currently, the biggest thing holding back a release is decent spritework. Fortunately, hockey player sprites have already been done thanks to the NHL games. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to get them out and looking good.

Now, I will say that I did do a search on these forums for sprite sheets and all that came up was Clockwise's animated rip sheets. These rips are -great- and would be what I'm looking for, but they're of many different teams and can be troublesome to work with in their animated states.

Ultimately, what I'm hoping someone here can help me out with is an actual sprite sheet (laid out in this sort of fashion) for the forwards and hopefully goalies as well so that we can move the project closer to a release. Dark and light colored teams on separate sheets would be an added bonus if I could score it, but one team would be enough to go back and edit to create a second team from it.

Here's a few screenshots of some early, dated work in progress screens of the project as well, just so you know that if someone can give me a sprite sheet, it won't go to waste (some of these already have bad rips from the games:

rink10.png

rink16.png

rink17.png

rink19.png

rink22.png

So, hopefully you can all help an outsider like me out so that we can get our game closer to completion and maybe some of you will enjoy it in between breaks of NHL93/94 :unsure:

Thanks alot,

Ralphis

Shaft, you may have misinterpreted what I was saying. I don't know the first thing about animation. When I said that, I meant basically editing every possible graphic in 94. I don't know much beyond TM and Hex.

my bad