NHL'94 Forums

Starting a League, Need Help

marcus_nhl94

Hi

Just wondering, How to startup a league?

What are some tips or Step by Step on starting a league?

Whats a good rom to USe? Im thinking original rom with weight bug fix, 2nd assist Bug, etc

Thanks

Hi

Just wondering, How to startup a league?

What are some tips or Step by Step on starting a league?

Whats a good rom to USe? Im thinking original rom with weight bug fix, 2nd assist Bug, etc

Thanks

come up with a theme that makes the league unique. some examples..

GDL = the original league. has stats.

Blitz = first with the weight bug fix, also with promotion/relegation to keep scores close. also has stats.

Beer / SIM = players have reduced stats so the game is slower

Dynasty/FVHL (both defunct) = salary cap league where you bid on players for multiple years. players attributes change each year, guys retire, rookies come in..

Capitalism/juiced = all players at 99 stats. fast game.

nhl91 = 1991 teams ROM

maybe the ROM you pick/find is the theme, or maybe you will later make a ROM to suit the theme once you know people like the idea.

once you have your idea, post it and see what people think

if people seem to like it, make a sign-up thread.

If you get this far, get a subforum made for the league

figure out a schedule.. divisions if you will have/need them..

To start a league, take the deerfoot to glenmore, then take crowchild and then 16th AV back to the deerfoot. (j/k..I also live in Calgary)

I certainly don't want to discourage you from starting a league but I'd suggest perhaps playing in one first.(Of course, I'm only assuming you haven't played in an nhl94 online league before.) You'll meet some people, develop some friendships and perhaps get a sense of what it takes to organize a league and it may spark an idea of what kind of league you'd like to do.

Classic league sign ups start next week for both genesis and SNES players. Anyone who wants to play can join.

come up with a theme that makes the league unique. some examples..

GDL = the original league. has stats.

Blitz = first with the weight bug fix, also with promotion/relegation to keep scores close. also has stats.

Beer / SIM = players have reduced stats so the game is slower

Dynasty/FVHL (both defunct) = salary cap league where you bid on players for multiple years. players attributes change each year, guys retire, rookies come in..

Capitalism/juiced = all players at 99 stats. fast game.

nhl91 = 1991 teams ROM

maybe the ROM you pick/find is the theme, or maybe you will later make a ROM to suit the theme once you know people like the idea.

once you have your idea, post it and see what people think

if people seem to like it, make a sign-up thread.

If you get this far, get a subforum made for the league

figure out a schedule.. divisions if you will have/need them..

To start a league, take the deerfoot to glenmore, then take crowchild and then 16th AV back to the deerfoot. (j/k..I also live in Calgary)

I certainly don't want to discourage you from starting a league but I'd suggest perhaps playing in one first.(Of course, I'm only assuming you haven't played in an nhl94 online league before.) You'll meet some people, develop some friendships and perhaps get a sense of what it takes to organize a league and it may spark an idea of what kind of league you'd like to do.

Classic league sign ups start next week for both genesis and SNES players. Anyone who wants to play can join.

These are the 2 biggest tips you can get.

Personally I tried and failed twice. It Definitely takes dedication.

Third times the charm though ;)

Actually I now remember you ran a tournament once through this site and did a pretty good job of it.