NHL'94 Forums

The complete list of hockey video games

halifax

NHL ‘95

SNES, Sega Gen., Game Boy, Game Gear

Big improvements here. For the first time, a complete season could be played, and players could be created, traded, signed, and released. Fortunately (or less so, depending on how you look at it) the AI goalie was often unable to block across-the-crease shots, yet a player-controlled goalie could deflect nearly everything. This version is widely considered the best NHL game of all time.

WHAT WHAT??? Best NHL game of all time? Obviously this guy is mistaken and needs a beatdown to knock some sense into him.

WHAT WHAT??? Best NHL game of all time? Obviously this guy is mistaken and needs a beatdown to knock some sense into him.

you can voice your opinion at the bottom of his blog. get mad at him chaos..dont take that crap!:P

cool, i didn't know about a lot of these..

that mario lemieux game on the Sega (not the Genesis) was pretty impressive looking.

It played almost exactly like Blades Of Steel, but it had some impressive rules I never saw in other games; they actually waved off goals if you were in the crease, and if you stopped moving with the puck (I discovered this when my controller came unplugged and it took me a minute to gingerly pop it back in without freezing the system) you'd get a delay of game penalty.

harveywallbanger 15 hours ago

NHL94.com, play online, improve your sex life. Go, do it now.

LOL

Fail Article is FAIL

Edited by Zalex

cool, i didn't know about a lot of these..

that mario lemieux game on the Sega (not the Genesis) was pretty impressive looking.

Gotta love the music they have playing over that video.

• 2 weeks later...
NHL ‘95

SNES, Sega Gen., Game Boy, Game Gear

Big improvements here. For the first time, a complete season could be played, and players could be created, traded, signed, and released. Fortunately (or less so, depending on how you look at it) the AI goalie was often unable to block across-the-crease shots, yet a player-controlled goalie could deflect nearly everything. This version is widely considered the best NHL game of all time.

Gah! NHL 95 isn't horrible, damn it! Just rather inferior to 96-98, which showed better improvements. A bit underwhelming? Yes. POS like people say it? No.

Though I have disagreements with Stanley Cup and Brett Hull Hockey. I might check out Mario Lemieux Hockey sometime.

Mario Lemieux hockey is pretty fun, for the most part. I had it as a kid and played it pretty often. There's a shootout mode in which you can control your goalie and your shooter. Pretty funny that the shoot stands still, picks his spot and fires from what looks to be the top of the circle.

Mario Lemieux hockey is pretty fun, for the most part. I had it as a kid and played it pretty often. There's a shootout mode in which you can control your goalie and your shooter. Pretty funny that the shoot stands still, picks his spot and fires from what looks to be the top of the circle.

That reminded me of penalty shots from Blades of Steel.