NHL'94 Forums

hello everyone......

Czechmate

I'm new to the board. Big fan of NHL 94 and NHL 95. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I have a question about NHL 95. I just recently started plaing these games again after about a decade off and I'm not able to save a season on NHL 95. I will make a bunch of trades, play a few games of a season, and I'm not able to save. Well, I'm able to save but then if I turn the Sega off and an hour later if I come back to it the season I started is gone. This was pretty annoying considering I spent about an hour putting all the Czech born players on the Whalers. It's a fun team and I'd love to play a season but it doesn't save. I have tried this twice as well. Any thoughts? Love the board and I can't wait to talk hockey with everyone.

I'm new to the board. Big fan of NHL 94 and NHL 95. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I have a question about NHL 95. I just recently started plaing these games again after about a decade off and I'm not able to save a season on NHL 95. I will make a bunch of trades, play a few games of a season, and I'm not able to save. Well, I'm able to save but then if I turn the Sega off and an hour later if I come back to it the season I started is gone. This was pretty annoying considering I spent about an hour putting all the Czech born players on the Whalers. It's a fun team and I'd love to play a season but it doesn't save. I have tried this twice as well. Any thoughts? Love the board and I can't wait to talk hockey with everyone.

The battery is dead. I think you can open it up and replace the battery.

Here you go..

http://pineconeattack.com/2008/03/28/how-t...a-genesis-cart/

It looks harder than I expected.. you need soldering tools.

Check the comments at the end of the article -- apparently EA games are even more difficult, and use a different type of screw.

Edited by smozoma

Here you go..

Check the comments at the end of the article -- apparently EA games are even more difficult, and use a different type of screw.

:lol:

Same for Snes?

Here you go..

I guess Im wondering why you need soldering tools? Couldn't you just unscrew the back of the game, remove the dead battery and replace it with a new one? Sorry, I'm new to this sort of thing. Any sort of responses (within reason lol) would be awesome.

Edited by Czechmate

I guess Im wondering why you need soldering tools? Couldn't you just unscrew the back of the game, remove the dead battery and replace it with a new one? Sorry, I'm new to this sort of thing. Any sort of responses (within reason lol) would be awesome.

That's what I thought, so I was surprised when it said you needed to unsolder some connections.

Check out the pictures... there are metal bits stuck directly to the batteries. You can't simply slide the battery out.

Here is a good image of the battery type. The battery actually has pins attached to it. Those pins are then soldered into the board...

http://www.batterybob.com/product.asp?intProdID=399039

Wow thats crazy. I think I will just get a new copy off ebay or something. I just can't afford the $100 for the tools.