NHL'94 Forums

Draft Details - Season 2

clockwise

Draft Details

Draft is the conventional 12 rounds. All teams must have 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies by the final round of the draft.

The draft will begin Tuesday April the 20th at 12 midnight EST. Each round will have a 24 hour window. If a round is completed early then the ensuing round will begin immediately.

If you have obligations or will be unavailable to draft in a round then designate someone to select for you in advance, or leave a list with them to select from. Otherwise you will be skipped and you will be unable make a selection until the end of the round.

Trades

Coaches are allotted 8 trades, including draft picks. Any more beyond 8 will be vetoed. Also, you may not trade *away the same player twice.

IE: You draft Guy Lafleur and trade him away, then reacquire him through an additional trade - from here on he has a permanent roster spot on your team.

All trade proposals are to be posted in the pinned Trade Proposals topic. Confirmed trades should be posted in the pinned Trade Confirmation topic of the draft subforum.

If you make more then one trade please revise your post instead of creating another reply. It will save time when rosters and lines are arranged, and will also spare me the tedium of having to merge posts.

Rosters and Line Combinations

Post your team roster along with lines in the pinned Season 2 Roster and Line Combinations topic.

Season Schedule and Conference Alignment

Identical to last season, the top 8 teams from each conference will qualify for the playoffs. Schedule (amount of games), will be determined by a vote.

However, all teams will play 1/2 of the schedule against division opponents, another 1/4 of the schedule against non divisional conference opponents, and the remaining 1/4 of the schedule against outer conference teams.

Division, and conference alignment will be set with the objective being to strike a balance among division and conference opponents so that more often then not coaches of equal skill face each other.

Good luck everyone.

is it alright if people start drafting round 1 right away? just to get things going...

there's usually not as much confusion in the 1st round as in later rounds, so keeping the spreadsheet up to date and such isn't so important.

(plus I'm leaving for a week on the 23rd and having no 'net access, so hoping to get through a few rounds before that..)

is it alright if people start drafting round 1 right away? just to get things going...

there's usually not as much confusion in the 1st round as in later rounds, so keeping the spreadsheet up to date and such isn't so important.

(plus I'm leaving for a week on the 23rd and having no 'net access, so hoping to get through a few rounds before that..)

I could help you with your pics, Smoz. Just send me a list; I'm pretty active around here, so there's no fuss.

Although if we're gonna start, we have to do it pretty quick. The NHL Playoffs have a way of ensnaring people.

I could help you with your pics, Smoz. Just send me a list; I'm pretty active around here, so there's no fuss.

Although if we're gonna start, we have to do it pretty quick. The NHL Playoffs have a way of ensnaring people.

er you like guys like brindamour.. ;) i'll see who i can find who plays closer to my style, thanks for the offer, though

er you like guys like brindamour.. ;) i'll see who i can find who plays closer to my style, thanks for the offer, though

Not always. Why did you think I took a guy few players would want (*Achem* Craig Janney) and Lidstrom? I wanted guys who could be functional in whatever purpose I needed of them (For Janney, I wanted a good set-up guy that could go along well with Sandstrom and Lidstrom's useful as a d-man, even in Blitz).

Of course, there's nothing wrong having a gangbanger in one of the forward slots. I may take a different approach in this draft now that I got one of the top spots.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Not always. Why did you think I took a guy few players would want (*Achem* Craig Janney) and Lidstrom? I wanted guys who could be functional in whatever purpose I needed of them (For Janney, I wanted a good set-up guy that could go along well with Sandstrom and Lidstrom's useful as a d-man, even in Blitz).

Of course, there's nothing wrong having a gangbanger in one of the forward slots. I may take a different approach in this draft now that I got one of the top spots.

yeah, i'm not saying those guys don't work for you, but i couldn't use my 5th round pick for a D weighing 4, i'd get crushed.. our styles are too different (but seeing as i haven't passed the 1st round of the playoffs in ages, maybe my style needs some work ;))

There are a few hidden gems out there, Smoz. We simply have to look deeper into the mines of opportunity. If there's anything we may learn in leagues is that the most unlikely of guys can turn out to be winners for some guys willing to take a chance. Just don't make too many risky gambits you'd regret later.

There are a few hidden gems out there, Smoz. We simply have to look deeper into the mines of opportunity. If there's anything we may learn in leagues is that the most unlikely of guys can turn out to be winners for some guys willing to take a chance. Just don't make too many risky gambits you'd regret later.

agh i just mean we like different players. in terms of gems, maybe I like emeralds and you like rubies.

every single league uses the same no line changes format.

91 was pretty cool with line strategies and just something new.

Couldnt we do something like draft 6 rounds, and then have the rest of the roster auto drafted by rating.

We could then use line changes.

We should begin right now. It's midnight, Cinderellas!

I was told there was going to be cake. There is no cake. The cake is a lie.

Draft Details

The draft will begin Tuesday April the 20th at 12 midnight EST. Each round will have a 24 hour window. If a round is completed early then the ensuing round will begin immediately.

If you have obligations or will be unavailable to draft in a round then designate someone to select for you in advance, or leave a list with them to select from. Otherwise you will be skipped and you will be unable make a selection until the end of the round.

This needs a lot of clarification.

It sounds like...

if someone picks, and you'r next, you HAVE to be there to pick (or have someone to pick for you) if the person immiedately after you is also there and can pick? and if you're not, and they then pick, you have to wait until the round is over to pick?

Edited by smozoma

every single league uses the same no line changes format.

91 was pretty cool with line strategies and just something new.

Couldnt we do something like draft 6 rounds, and then have the rest of the roster auto drafted by rating.

We could then use line changes.

so yeah, I agree with this guy.

6 rounds of drafting, the rest auto draft. And line changes.

Everybody is rated ridiculously high, LINE CHANGES FTW.

so yeah, I agree with this guy.

6 rounds of drafting, the rest auto draft. And line changes.

Everybody is rated ridiculously high, LINE CHANGES FTW.

FTW

If we were to switch to line changes on, why would we only draft 6 rounds, not draft 12 rounds like in GDL? I don't mind auto-filling picks 13-18, since my checking will play about 5 minutes the whole season, but my 2nd line will be very important...

Anyway, I think jesus switched to no line changes because too many people didn't want to play with line changes (i kind of like them on for this league, though).

Edited by smozoma

Yeah, but there aren't many of us that want to plow through 10-min period games, hence why there hasn't been any line changes since a long while before Jesus and Halifax's leagues.

Yeah, but there aren't many of us that want to plow through 10-min period games, hence why there hasn't been any line changes since a long while before Jesus and Halifax's leagues.

it'd be 5 minutes still (i think it was 5 last season?).

dmitry's original stats league was 7-minute periods with line changes, which wasn't too bad, either.

im one of the supporters for line changes off, line changes are pointless with 5min periods.

wtga how its pointless? If you over-use speedburts like some players, your 1st line is dead after a 2min shift.

And if you see no difference, why would you oppose yourself to it?

I really support the line changes idea, all the other leagues use the same no line changes/offsides system.

Ya know, some different stuff can be cool sometimes, im just sayin.

:electric_shock: <---- SO WACK

Edited by Freydey