NHL'94 Forums

PIT vs MTL

shaftman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't agree with your #4 point. Crosby's boarding call was the only boarding call they had the whole playoff and their play in general was very disciplined. Frustrated? Yes, the trap frustrated them but they did not give up more power plays than they received..

I suppose I was talking about the first period (and I didn't see the entire game, just the NHL.com highlights).

Well boys here is my much anticipated reply:

The better team won the series.

Last night the Habs were a step ahead of the Pens, they won all the battles on the boards, they were obviously well coached and studied game film very well because it was obvious being there that they anticipated the Pens next pass and move with the puck very consistently, and took advantage of their chances. The Pens played with absolutely no desire last night which is incredible considering it was Game 7, at home, and the Igloo was as loud as I've ever heard it.

Other observations from being at the game:

1) A good contingent of Habs fans were in attendance - I'd say around 500 or so

2) it was sickening to hear that stupid Ole song being chorused..

3) Halak's point blank glove on Malkin early in the third sealed that game.. if he scores, my head explodes (ears are still ringing from the crowd noise, how did it sound on tv?)

I absolutely have no leg to stand anymore in making fun of the Canadiens franchise, its fans, etc. I have officially retired from that....

..until we beat them the next time we face them in a series B)

Good luck to the Canadiens, it should be a good series no matter if they play Boston or Philly.. my prediction is that Philly comes all the way back..

class act right there Wags, well said.

wtf class act, hes such a f**kin' hypocrite