NHL'94 Forums

NY Rangers

what is up with this team! Put Gartner at center and they are spectacular..... two good defencemen, gartner and esa are super fast, plus messiers checking..... why doesn't anyone use this team? anyone tried them out? Gartner is 20x better at center btw.

what is up with this team!  Put Gartner at center and they are spectacular..... two good defencemen, gartner and esa are super fast, plus messiers checking..... why doesn't anyone use this team?  anyone tried them out?  Gartner is 20x better at center btw.

Yeah, Gartner CAN be great. Sometimes, though, he is WAY off his game. Awesome checking, great depth, but Messier's a dog as far as I'm concerned (too easy to knock down), and Richter sucks the chrome off of a trailer-hitch. The thing I like about the team, though, is each time you use them you have to figure out who is ready to play. Sometimes it's Nemchinov and Graves, sometimes it's Tikker-Tape and Turcotte. Great "goalie-rammers" too!!

Gartner at center... i will try that ... i love to experiment with positions, any more ideas????

yea, but Graves and Messier together. It was a sign of things to come in the real NHL 1993-1994 season, but they have good chemistry together.

• 3 weeks later...

True, Gartner is a stud at center. Rangers are a good second tier team...they would be great if it weren't for their fatal flaw - goaltending. Also, Messier should be alot better given his 85 rating. He's so weak on the puck and he couldnt hit the ocean shooting the puck. Too bad, moose was always one of my favorites in real life.

yeah here is an idea if you like St. Louis... Emerson at center cause janney is the worst player on the game, and bassen on LW with Hull on RW... Curt Giles on D with jeff brown... that team is tough... Cujo is amazing!

hey sifty i did the emerson at c thing for years now---you are right- i'm one of the few players i know that actually use st looie and like them! I play Emerson-c Shanahan-lw Hull-rw Jeff Brown-d Lee Norwood -d and Cujo in goal and they can kick ass, even against good competition!