NHL'94 Forums

Season length and how many games.

hokkeefan

If you are going to have a 20 gm season dont give us TWO MONTHS to complete.Everyone loses interest when there is too much time given for season.Last season alot of us hadn't played a gm in over a month and the 91 interest was dead.If its going to be 2 months give us 40 gms,if 20 games I would say 1 month.All these guys in lg can easily play 20 gms in a month (besides kgman) B)

40 gms ftw

20gm season would be such a waste with a draft imo.

I concur with HABS. 40-game schedule similar to Blitz or bust.

20 games would feel like a tournament in the sense of 94... I favor 40+ games, GDL is 56 games and seems like more of a season than any other league... I'd push for 50-60 games if it's an option to do that many...

Depends if we aren't that lazy for a long season, but I'd like that.

20 games would feel like a tournament in the sense of 94... I favor 40+ games, GDL is 56 games and seems like more of a season than any other league... I'd push for 50-60 games if it's an option to do that many...

I'm in favor of this route too. 50-60 similar to GDL would be my vote. Each team plays a certain number of games against each team in conference and a certain number of games against each team non-conference.

40 maximus

40 gms ftw

20gm season would be such a waste with a draft imo.

My thoughts on season scheduling from the site.

20 is too short for a draft, was thinking 35 or 40 games with 40 being the cutoff. Keep in mind 16 of the 21 teams will make the post season.

With the teams that were in the 80s and early 90s, it'd be a chore to make it bigger. But I guess everything goes if we decide to have a 40-game season.