NHL'94 Forums

CHL 93 Rom

Hey guys. This is going to be my first public edit of a game, I made one with slaphsot67 of my own league.

So a 52 team NHL 93 rom was recently posted, and i wanted to do something with it. Incredibly, in the CHL, there are exactly 52 CANADIAN teams, so I can cover the jerseys, and rosters will take big time.. unfortunately, i cant edit rink logos, team banners, startup screen, etc,. i can do jerseys, and rosters. Anyone wanna help out? unfortunately i cant release a date right now of when it'll finish, cuz i have no clue haha, so check it out, see what you think, see if u guys want to help out, thanks

Hey guys. This is going to be my first public edit of a game, I made one with slaphsot67 of my own league.

So a 52 team NHL 93 rom was recently posted, and i wanted to do something with it. Incredibly, in the CHL, there are exactly 52 CANADIAN teams, so I can cover the jerseys, and rosters will take big time.. unfortunately, i cant edit rink logos, team banners, startup screen, etc,. i can do jerseys, and rosters. Anyone wanna help out? unfortunately i cant release a date right now of when it'll finish, cuz i have no clue haha, so check it out, see what you think, see if u guys want to help out, thanks

Graphics and banners are not editable at this time. There is only one centre-ice logo, too, i think (it's NHLPA, so they didn't have team names or logos, just city names).

For banners, you can just create blank banners at this point (as the extra teams in the 52-team ROM use).

One day I'll figure out how to decompress the graphics and banners so they're editable, but I'm not working on it these days.

Graphics and banners are not editable at this time. There is only one centre-ice logo, too, i think (it's NHLPA, so they didn't have team names or logos, just city names).

For banners, you can just create blank banners at this point (as the extra teams in the 52-team ROM use).

One day I'll figure out how to decompress the graphics and banners so they're editable, but I'm not working on it these days.

ok if u finish editing that stuff, let me kno, if not.. then this was completely pointless haha

do it on 94 rom ;)

goalie control or ga

There hasnt been a 52 team NHL 94 rom released yet.. i could make one with 10 canadian teams from each league.. but id have to decide who..

The approach I would take for now would be:

- Make the 93 ROM with the 52 teams

- Make the banners blank (use the ones from the teams I already added)

note.. if you use all 52 teams, you can only put about 18 players on each team due to the limited space for player information (32kb).

And then later:

- When I eventually figure out banner editing, update the banners on your 93 ROM

- When I eventually figure out banner editing, a 94 ROM will be coming soon after, so:

- Transfer the player data from the 93 ROM to the 94 ROM and update the logos.

I expect the 94 ROM will be out before the next season starts, so following this method, you'd pretty much get 2 ROMs for the price of 1, since transferring the players wont' be that hard, and coming up with the players and their ratings is the tough part to begin with.